Skip to main content

For the Boyz

"End of the Road" - Boyz II Men

So many songs, too little time. This music reminds me of lost love. Something all too familiar to me, but hard to pinpoint one in particular since I've had my fair share...unfortunately.

I've liked Boyz II Men since they first popped up back in the early 90's. I feel so old as I write this, but thinking back now I know I just grew up too fast. I was always a step ahead of my years, trying to take on too much responsibility outside of being an ordinary kid.

I remember doing the laundry for the first time the summer before junior-high started and taking the clothes out too soon (before the last rinse/spin cycle). The load was so heavy it almost broke the dryer! Yet I was so proud of myself for taking the initiative to clean my own clothes (even if I did it all wrong). I know I'm just rambling, but this explains who I am today. I'm ok with taking on more than I can handle. I usually mess up the first time around, but even through my mistakes, I keep trying. The problem is I end up doing more than I need to do and inevitably, it leads to disappointment. Someone takes advantage of it.

What can I say, I'm raised to care for others even better than I care for me. I'm taught to go hungry if it means feeding someone more than enough to be full. I'm told to be considerate at all times even when at times, it seems ridiculous to do so. I believe that I should give what I expect back even though I often give and receive little in return. Maybe I'm being slightly pathetic and some may think I'm whining and complaining about my own Miss Misery. I guess I am, but damn...damn it just seems so one-sided and extremely tiring. Here I am doing all that I can do while people walk all over me or just walk away.

I wish I could turn back time and be a kid again. I wish I could start all over. I wish I did more than grow up too soon. I wish I left the laundry dirty and waited to do my homework so I could go outside and have fun. I wish I maintained my sit-ups, my happiness, my own needs before everyone else's. I wish I made more friendships that would last and that I didn't give in so easily to things that could've been saved until much later. I wish I said the things that I wanted to say the moment I wanted to say them even if remorse eventually followed.

I wish I knew how to be selfish and inconsiderate so that all this wouldn't hurt so much.

Lyrics:

Girl you know we belong together
I have no time for you to be playing
With my heart like this
You’ll be mine forever baby, you just see

We belong together
And you that I’m right
Why do you play with my head,
Why do you play with my mind?

Said we’d be forever
Said it’d never die
How could you love me and leave me
And never say goodbye?

Girl, I can’t sleep at night without holding you tight
Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry
Pain in my head oh I’d rather be dead
Spinnin’ around and around

Although we’ve come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

Girl, I know you really love me,
You just don’t realize
You’ve never been there before
It’s only your first time

Maybe I’ll forgive you
Maybe you’ll try
We should be happy together
Forever, you and i

Girl, you love me again like you loved me before
This time I want you to love me much more
This time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don’t let me, don’t let me down

Although we’ve come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

Girl I’m here for you
All those times of night when you just hurt me
And just run out with that other fella
Baby I knew about it, I just didn’t care
You just don’t understand how much I love you do you?
I’m here for you
I’m not out to go out and cheat on you all night
Just like you did baby but that’s all right
Hey, I love you anyway
And I’m still gonna be here for you ’till my dying day baby
Right now, I’m just in so much pain baby
Cuz you just won’t come back to me
Will you? just come back to me

(lonely)
Yes baby my heart is lonely
(lonely)
My heart hurts baby
(lonely)
Yes I feel pain too
Baby please

This time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don’t let me go

Although we’ve come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the end of the road
Still I can’t let you go
It’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you


http://afromontreal.com
http://www.lyrics007.com/Boyz%20II%20Men%20Lyrics/End%20Of%20The%20Road%20Lyrics.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.