Skip to main content

Love Is Not Blind

"Colorblind" - Counting Crows

I originally had a Dave Matthews Band song in my head, but like always I'm bending the rules a little bit and going with what's in my heart. After all, I couldn't follow my last blog with something you didn't like, could I? That just wouldn't fit and this seems to do just that.

This song reminds me of the movie Cruel Intentions. It's hard not to think of it. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe's chemistry was so strong, especially in their steamy love scene with this song playing in the background, that any other memory pales in comparison. I always thought the lyrics were so simple and romantic, but it became even clearer here. There was no doubt about it. I knew instantly that they were a real life couple even before they announced it. Love is obvious.

Acting can never really be this good unless two people have genuine feelings for each. Look at Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams in The Notebook and Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. If it's there, everyone will notice it.
The only couple that showed true intimacy, but never got together in real life is Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. I never quite understood this, but it seems Drew picks the wrong guys so that may have something to do with it. I know I'm just rambling, but this is what I'm thinking about so this is what I had to write. Bottom line, I just like seeing something scripted come to life. It gives me hope that even something so unpredictable as love could use a little pre-planning before it "just happens."

Lyrics:

I am colorblind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am
Taffy stuck, tongue tied
Stuttered shook and uptight
Pull me out from inside
I am ready, I am ready, I am ready, I am...fine

I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in
Pull me out from inside
I am folded, and unfolded, and unfolding, I am
Colorblind
Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready, I am ready, I am ready, I am...fine
I am.... fine
I am fine




http://www.elyrics.net/read/c/counting-crows-lyrics/colorblind-lyrics.html
http://caffeine-headache.net/blog3/2008/03/counting_crows.html
http://bluesplayer.co.uk/love+scene/
http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/reese_witherspoon_ryan_phillippe_cruel_intentions_001.html
http://www.withthisfavor.com/blog/
http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/famous-style/angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-premiere-salt-page4-133122.html
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800026237/photo/970466051

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.