Skip to main content

"Show Up for Life"

"What I Wouldn't Give" - Holly Brook (aka Skylar Grey)

You can't go wrong with a girl and her piano. This song is exactly where I am right now. What are the odds that I run into such an amazing female artist and find a long, lost song over 5 years old that tells a story of the person I am today?

Yesterday, I went to this cafe spot in Orange County. I hate driving, but for some strange reason I just had to be behind the wheel and drive. I drove up Allen Ave. to the 210 and couldn't help, but get distracted. The mountain tops were glazed with white snow. The skies were crisp blue with a few scattered clouds. The world looks so much better fresh after a rainstorm and I was so happy at that moment to have witnessed it.

Off to the 605, down the 5, and passing one city after the next, I veered onto the 55 and kept on going. I wanted to be outside of my comfort zone and explore new grounds because I'm tired of the same old thing. I exited and pulled into a crowded parking lot. Apparently, everyone else discovered this place before me, but I didn't care about the wait. I spotted a car pulling out to my right and took a chance to see if I can snag it. I did.

As I was walking back to my car I noticed that all the parking spots had different sayings like "Get out of your own way" (a favorite of mine), "Eat well," "Drink lots of water," etc. And when I approached my car, I looked down and it read, "Show up for life." I chose to do just that on that day.

Lyrics:

Feeling like i can't forgive but i want to
It's like i don't know how to live i'm afraid to
I used to think take them as they come without hesitations no
Now it's like my head is filled with lies and persuasions

As the sun begins to fall i hear her calling out to me she's sayin' hurry it's one more
day gone

What i wouldn't give just to forget
So i can remember how to live again
I wanna live again

I am feeling dissonant and distracted
The toxic chemicals are spilling in my head and they're bleeding deadly reactions

And as the moon begins to rise he shows me all the colors that i'm hiding i'm hiding myself

What i wouldn't give just to forget
What i wouldn't give to get some rest
So i can remember how to live again
I wanna live again

Am i desperately losing this fight
When i should really be choosing my flight
Take me now

What i wouldn't give just to forget
What i wouldn't give to get some rest
So i can remember how to live again
I wanna live again

What i wouldn't give just to forget
What i wouldn't give to get some rest
What i wouldn't give just to forget
So i can remember how to live


http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/holly-brook-lyrics/what-i-wouldn_t-give-lyrics.html
http://mog.com/blog_post/content/3837/2760582n_t-give-lyrics.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.