Skip to main content

Parachute

"Sleeps with Butterflies" - Tori Amos

Q: "If you only had one minute to live, what would you do?"

A: "I'd make every second count."

It's hard for me to put logic into anything that's happened this last year and it'll soon be my turn to hit a new age in a couple of months. It's not like I'll gain an extra sense of clarity by then. (If that was the case, I'd probably show more enthusiasm). It's just that I didn't picture myself to be here, doing pretty much the same thing as I was doing before. I know no one ever does, but I had a plan. A good one. And being back at square one sure does suck when I did everything I could to move forward. I guess this is what happens when I invest into something that doesn't have the strength to stand still.

So, what now? You wanna jump off a plane? It's a shame my solid ground was too much for you. Apparently, you're not alone. It seems all the boys wanna be butterflies nowadays. I don't know why. They're just insects with decorative wings. It's a distraction from what they really look like underneath all of those pretty colors and without them, they'd be left with weak, little bodies. Paralyzed and useless. I guess that would be the result if you land without a parachute.

I was your everything.
I was your parachute.
You just wanted to fly without me.

You may have what you want now. You may sit down with yourself and realize you made the right decision by keeping your freedom and maintaining your own set of priorities. And you're right. I feel it too and mostly, it feels fine. But I would give anything to have a parachute when I jump.



Lyrics:

Airplanes
Take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat
I won't push you unless you have a net

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy

Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/toriamos/sleepswithbutterflies.html
http://www.starfirescircle.com/torilist8.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.