Skip to main content

June Gloom

"Gray or Blue" - Jaymay

No, June Gloom, no.
Don't you do it. Please don't go.
I need my winter right now.
I need darkness. I want my clouds.
I want the gray.
This stupid sun isn't friendly and I've been hiding from it all day.
I don't want it to beat down.
I want to delay this perky summer bullsh*t from coming around.

So, please June, not yet.
Give me some time and let this awful sun set.
I want to feel the chilly weather, wear a sweater, and not even bother.
It helps me cope and makes me smile.
I just don't want to deal with this painful denial...
that there's more sunny days ahead...
So I'd rather stay in bed.

With a hot cup of tea full of foamy milk on top.
Whipped by yours truly pretending that it's not
too warm to drink this yummy goodness to make me feel fine.
So please more dark blue and less sunshine.
I want to do away with this season.
I need more reasons
to get up and conquer the world
because I'm a tired, moody gray/blue girl.

Lyrics:

I feel so helpless now, my guitar is not around
And i'm strugglin with the xylophone
To make these feelin's sound
And I'm rememberin' you singin' and bringin' you to life
It's rainin' out the window and today it looks like night

You haven't written to me in a week
I'm wonderin' why that is
Are you too nervous to be lovers
Friendship's ruined with just one kiss?
I watched you very closely, I saw you look away
Your eyes are either gray or blue
I'm never close enough to say

But your sweatshirt says it all
With the hood over your face
I can't keep starin' at your mouth
Without wonderin' how it tastes
I'm with another boy (he's asleep, I'm wide awake)
And he tried to win my heart
But it's taken
Time

I know the shape of your hands
Because I watch 'em when you talk
And I know the shape of your body
'Cause I watch it when you walk
And I want to know it all
But I'm giving you the lead
So go on, go on and take it
Don't fake it, shake it

Don't second-guess your feelins
You were right from the start
And I notice she's your lover
But she's nowhere near your heart
This city is for strangers
Like the sky is for the stars
But I think it's very dangerous
If we do not take what's ours

And I'm winnin' you with words
Because I have no other way
I want to look into your face
Without your eyes turnin' away
Last night I watched you sing
Because a person has to try
And I walked home in the rain
Because a person cannot lie


http://www.justsomelyrics.com/721169/Jaymay-Gray-Orhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgLbgEik-PCHE-NCEktmWryxmlfEIhOnPDxEJYFM_W5fjRPxt3DVGYaNnbowhf4nU51SM5tLn558Zuzi5hhI4wY_EEu5aadCxs3hCTJwdZPBpzQi5-ulCImwdMT-OhqLykolN_6AK5Eb7ju/s320/JayMay_4.JPG-Blue-Lyrics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.