Skip to main content

Playback

"Why Do I Believe" - Pebbles

I logged in a little after 11P without any real sense of direction. My baby sis came into my room and wanted to use my computer to look up a few videos on You Tube. The next thing we know, we're spending the next 2 hours reminiscing and laughing about just how much we found and what memories it brought up. I love it when we pull up the past to remember how great it felt to be a heart strung teenager.

We were so inspired that we started to look up love songs from the early 90s. Waves of songs from my long lost crushes came flooding back. Songs that have been trapped in mixed tapes with no cassette player to set them free were now finding their out and into my life again. We sang along to the corny lyrics and talked about how I received these sweet dedications and just how much effort was put into each handmade gift.

I wonder where these boys are now. I wonder who they're with, what they look like, and if they even wonder about me. I wonder how different my life would've been if I ended up with any one of them. It never ceases to amaze me just how different they were from each other, but yet the funny thing was they still managed to give me the same set of songs.

I'll start with the #1 song of them all. This one. It is recorded on at least 4 tapes and one CD. I never really paid much attention to it back then. I thought it was adorably kind, but it wasn't my favorite. At one point I was so sick of hearing it that I stopped playing it altogether. I would fast forward passed it because it overwhelmed me to think about whether the boys were singing it to me or if they pictured me singing it to them. Either way, it was too much at the time for my young heart to take. It's been over a decade since I heard it all the way through and now here it is. It's still cheesy, but I guess it kinda grew on me. It's not on "repeat," but it definitely carries with it some long-lasting memories I hope to never forget.




Lyrics:

A feeling in my heart
Has taken over me, completely
And boy you are the star, to come into my life
You can take me

Of all the guys I've even known,
They've never been as wonderful
So special and so sweet to me
And all the dreams I've ever dreamed
No one has been as good to me
And you're the one to answer my dreams

Why do i believe that i belong to you?
How can i explain this symphony?
As far as i can tell, my heart's under a spell
And you're the only one, the only one for me

I feel you in my soul,
Your heart's caressing me, so deeply
I'm under your control,
You're all i ever need, you can use me

Of all the times I've been alone,
No one has been as beautiful
So strong and understanding to me
And all the ways that i could see,
No one has been as good for me
And you will always be the one for me

Why do i believe that i belong to you?
How can i explain this symphony?
As far as i can tell, my heart's under a spell
And you're the only one, the only one for me

Why do i believe that i belong to you?
How can i explain this symphony?
As far as i can tell, my heart's under a spell
And you're the only one, the only one for me

And you're the only one...
The only one for me
For me...for me...
The only one for me...


http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/p/pebbles28607/whydoibelieve1389359.html
http://erik1966route1.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.