Skip to main content

Go

"No Need to Argue" - The Cranberries

I woke up today with this song in my head. It's been a while since a song came to mind so quietly in my sleep to softly shake me awake. I was lying on my tummy, looking directly at my computer when my eyes slowly opened. It was like the song was pulling me to get off my comfortable bed and onto this chair just to blog about it.

"Ok song. I'm up, I'm up," I said with a big yawn and stretch.

Interestingly enough, this isn't even one my favorites off of this album. So much so that I even forgot this was the name of the album. Yet listening to it now, after all this time; after exactly one year since you and I stopped being an "us," makes everything so painfully sad. Ya, the memories got in a little... but it's hard for me to break down. Even when I try, the best that I could do is squeeze out a single tear. I guess I'm done crying.

Last night wasn't what I expected. I was kinda bummed the movie thing didn't work out. I was kinda bummed by a lot of things in case you didn't notice. Not necessarily all that's going on with you, but the fact that I couldn't do anything to stop you from messing up, to encourage you to get it together and to help you make it better. I hated being across from you hearing all this and doing nothing. I'm a bit of a control freak ;). But it's not my place anymore. It should've never been my place at all.

There was this tiny "awkward silence" that snuck in at the dinner table. I was observing you eating your pho so gently with three fingers. You looked frustrated and uncomfortable so you grabbed the fork. I just kept watching you, surprised at what little progress you were making with a bowl of soup that you used to down rather quickly. I think I said something like, "I lost my trail of thought..." but there really wasn't a thought process to begin with. It was my attempt to interrupt that funny feeling I get when there's nothing to say.

I don't even know if you sensed the same thing, but so far the three times that I've seen you I felt this sort of restriction from you. The best way I could describe it is through your demeanor. You were so careful; so cautious of your own behavior. I felt your hand against my back when I got up from the table to leave the restaurant, but you retracted it so fast. It's like you didn't know how to act around me; like I was the plexi-glass door and you couldn't touch me. Maybe you didn't want to break me even though it was you who ended up broken.

Here I go, overanalyzing this too much. Maybe I'm seeing more into things beyond what they really are. I don't know what I was expecting. I guess that's why I reached out to you even after we said our goodbyes. Why were you so ready to leave? Did you want to say more? Did you want to do more? What was holding you back? Or should I say who? Were you "wronging" someone by being with me? I know you're probably saying that you don't know, but you know quite well what the answers to all of these questions are. You're just choosing not to answer them.

I want your guard to fall completely apart with me. No more apologies. No more reflecting on what was and what could've been. It is what it is. I just want us to keep moving regardless if it's in different directions. Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who aren't afraid to go out and get them. So go get them.

Lyrics:

There's no need to argue anymore.
I gave all I could, but it left me so sore.
And the thing that makes me mad,
Is the one thing that I had,

I knew, I knew,
I'd lose you.
You'll always be special to me,
Special to me, to me.

And I remember all the things we once shared,
Watching T.V. movies on the living room armchair.
But they say it will work out fine.
Was it all a waste of time.

'Cause I knew, I knew,
I'd lose you.
You'll always be special to me,
Special to me, to me.

Will I forget in time, ah,
You said I was on your mind?
There's no need to argue,
No need to argue anymore.
There's no need to argue anymore.

Ouuu, ouuu, ouuuu...
Special.


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/cranberries/noneedtoargue.html
http://www.classificaitaliana.com/testievideo/The_Cranberries/Stars_testo_251.htm
http://belenen.livejournal.com/421828.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.