Skip to main content

Double

"Love Your Memory" & "Dead Flowers" - Miranda Lambert


There's something about a strong female voice and a simple instrument like a guitar or a piano that will never ever fail me. I wish I could say the same about you; about all of you that well...did. I know that some may ask, "What's the purpose of these songs if it would just break you down?" But for me breaking down is what helps me build again.

At first, I wanted to post something funny and lighthearted. I pulled up Miranda Lambert (who I call the "Britney" of Country) and listened to her new band, Pistol Annies' song, "Hell on Heels." I blogged about it briefly and hit publish without a second thought. I was about to call it quits when something told me to hold on.

I didn't know what that something was so I went back to make a few more edits and saved it onto my drafts. I know, I know let the music speak for itself, but it wasn't saying what I wanted it to say so I put it on time-out. I intentionally didn't want to take things so seriously, but suddenly the fun songs didn't seem to be much fun anymore.

As I skimmed through more of her videos, I realized I'm more of a Miranda than a Pistol Annie so I placed the latter on pause for a while longer to give Miranda a chance to fill this something that just wouldn't let well enough alone tonight.

Hmmm... this ain't the type you associate yourself with, but go ahead and give it a shot. Here, I'll even make it a double.

Lyrics:

I don't want to see you or feel you
I don't want to look into your eyes
I don't want to touch you or miss you
I just want to love your memory tonight

I can't handle all this pain
All we ever do is fight anyway
Why we even tried I haven't a clue
With hearts involved there's way too much to lose

I don't want to see you or feel you
I don't want to look into your eyes
I don't want to touch you or miss you
I just want to love your memory tonight

You were something else to look at
Your intentions they weren't' all bad
You tried to make me something I wasn't
Lord knows there ain't no future in all that

I don't want to see you or feel you
I don't want to look into your eyes
I don't want to touch you or miss you
I just want to love your memory tonight




Lyrics:

I feel like the flowers in this vase
He just brought em' home one day
"Ain't they beautiful," he said
They've been here in the kitchen
and the water's turnin' grey
They're sittin' in the vase
but now they're dead
Dead flowers

I feel like this long string of lights
They lit up our whole house on Christmas day
But now it's January
and the bulbs have all burned out
But still they hang
Like dead flowers

He ain't feelin' anything
My love, my hurt, or the
sting of this rain
I'm livin' in a hurricane
All he can say is
"Man ain't it such a nice day"
Yeah, Yeah

I feel like the tires on this car
They said we won't go far
but we're still rollin'
I look in the rear view
and I see dead flowers in the yard
and that string of lights
But and it ain't glowin'
Like dead flowers
Like dead flowers

He ain't feelin' anything
My love, my hurt, or the
sting of this rain
I'm drivin' through a hurricane
All he can say is
"Man ain't it such a nice day"
Hey, hey I guess we'll just
go to waste, like dead flower

Like dead flowers
Dead flowers


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mirandalambert/loveyourmemory.html http://imageworldblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/miranda-lambert-wiki-photos.html
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mirandalambert/deadflowers.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.