Skip to main content

Adolescence

"If Wishes Came True" - Sweet Sensation

I didn't wake up to this song nor did I fall asleep to it, but as I was walking back to my corner office with my re-heated cup of coffee, I started singing it quietly to myself in the hallway. It has been a hell of a Tuesday morning so I decided to lock myself in, close the blinds and take a mini-break from it all.

This song takes me back to 6th grade. I was such a headstrong 11-year old when I had my first real "boyfriend." I remember those days when my biggest worry was what to wear to school and how in the world I would survive another day in P.E. class with him watching me across the track field as I attempted to do a pull up. And no, I never succeeded and yes, it was mortifying to say the least. But hey, I had someone who wanted to hold my hand so things weren't all bad.

He gave me teddy bears and a cute little watch, wrote me silly love poems in pencil so he can erase his mistakes (even though I could still make them out). He had such a sweet smile and for a while I had it made. It lasted for 2 whole weeks (that was considered long-term back then!).

I was such a silly girly-girl. I wanted everything and did nothing to get it in return. I wanted every boy's attention because it made me feel adored (and who wouldn't want to feel that?!). But...I also wanted the most popular guy in school (and my boyfriend didn't quite fit the mark). So I let him go through a short letter (written in blue pen by my best friend).

Even now, almost two decades later I think back to the day I saw him in the hallway. A stunned look on his face as he read the crappy note she threw at him. A note I didn't even have the guts to write myself.

I remember how I couldn't move from where I stood...I remember the expression on his face as he looked up from the letter in disbelief and met my gaze.

I felt like shit.

And wouldn't you know it? The popular guy didn't like me back. He thought I was a jerk for doing that to his friend. And it was then that I experienced my first real heartbreak from breaking someone else's heart.

Lyrics:

All alone silence fills my room
But in a memory, I hear you calling me
Close my eyes and I'm there with you
Like it was yesterday, but then it fades away

Take me back, turn back the hands of time
When you kissed me in the warm September rain
Back before my heart was filled with pain
If only we could be in love that way again

If wishes came true
Then all the dreams at night of love were real
I'd be holding you
If wishes cam true
Then I would be that someone always special in your heart
And we would still be lovers, not apart
If wishes came true

Now you're gone and I'm on my own
Feeling lost inside since you said goodbye
In my dreams I still feel your touch
Lying next to me
Feeling ecstasy

Take me back, turn back the hands of time
When you kissed me in the warm September rain
Back before my heart was filled with pain
If only we could be in love that way again

If wishes came true
Then all the dreams at night of love were real
I'd be holding you
If wishes came true
Then I would be that someone always special in your heart
And we would still be lovers, not apart
If wishes came true

I love you madly
I need you badly
Give our love one more chance

Take me back turn back the hands of time
When you kissed me in the warm September rain
Back before my heart was filled with pain
If only we could be in love that way again

If wishes came true
Then all the dreams at night of love were real
I'd be holding you
If wishes came true
Then I would be that someone always special in your heart
And we would still be lovers, not apart
If wishes came true





http://www.asklyrics.com/display/Sweet_Sensation/If_Wishes_Came_True_Lyrics/304089.htm
http://assets.mog.com/amg/pic200/drp000/p058/p05844bu138.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.