Skip to main content

Jump

"Let It Happen" - Jimmy Eat World

I woke up after a really bad dream this morning. Ugh...I hate this because the image of it sticks to my mind like molasses and it's hard to shake it off in order to focus...What I'm about to write may seem silly and petty, but it bothered me. Nightmares bug the shit out of me, but they are a part of who I am and sadly, my imagination is like the Nightmare on Elm Street flicks. Even after you wake up, it haunts you.

Dream:

A couple of my friends and I were hanging out on this rooftop enjoying the view from many stories high (this is kinda funny because I'm afraid of heights and would never do this for "fun"). After a short while, we decided to check out the other building next to us and thought it would be a good idea to take a shortcut. The problem with this shortcut was that it was absolutely insane!

The buildings were close enough for us to think we could jump over. Maybe we were high on something else because I was so willing to do it. A few people went first and made it over (just barely). And of course, it was me and mine left over on the other side. He was the more spontaneous, adventurous type and so he said not to worry about him and for me to jump first. And so I did...
I could feel the sharp wind on my face as I ran from one side to the other. I could hear the flapping sounds of my hair and clothes against my body as I stretched out over the long distance below. I could still make out the cement floor as I slammed my feet heavy on the ground, tumbling over my friend. And then I finally breathed in the smell of excitement that I made it across! And so it was his turn...

No one was really paying attention at this point because we all thought for sure he would make it, especially since I did. And then he jumped...just short of where he was supposed to land...and slipped. I tried to reach out, but his hand was too far away. He grabbed onto the wall, but there was nothing there to grab onto. The last thing I caught a glimpse of was his facial expression of absolute disappointment and despair. And so he fell...and so did my heart.

Does this song have anything to do with this dream? No. But when I startled myself awake, relieved that my damn mind was at it again and all my loved ones were safe...this song was ringing loudly. I just had to let this out so I can let the rest of my day happen.


Lyrics:

I have a ringing in my head
And no one to help me answer it
Even with you close enough to kiss

Every minute is arranged
Every moment lasts a day
But thinking about it can't help me let go, I know

Talk, talking a lot, but it's still talk
Gotta love how it's somehow all on me
All the petty scenes
And all the pretty things
Say whatever you want 'Cause I can laugh it off
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ,ha
I can laugh it off
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

I must look like I'm running away
To you at your faster pace
I wonder what it is you could have seen, in me

I'm the evil one who said
Gonna let everything just happen
Just like my chest, my ears are proud
The collision is such an ugly sound
I can hear you now

Talk, talking a lot, but it's still talk
Gotta love how it's somehow all on me
All the petty scenes
And all the pretty things
Say whatever you want 'Cause I can laugh it off
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.