Skip to main content

Afloat

"Always Be" - Jimmy Eat World


I've had this song on repeat for a couple of days (after my Eminem and Rhianna phase). It's only about 3-minutes long so I need a few plays before I'm ready to move on. I never really paid attention to the lyrics until yesterday afternoon and then it suddenly hit me. Funny... Anyways, I was trying to find another song since I recently wrote about Jimmy Eat World, but since I couldn't get passed it and no other songs were available (see Bitchin' post below), I figured that Jimmy wanted me to write about them again.

Here's the latest updates. I've been keeping busy with each day that goes by, a definite change in me although a subtle one (I've yet to go through my metamorphosis). I used to want to go straight home to be in the quiet of my own room, pop in a Sex and the City DVD, and let the night end with a little food for thought and a certain someone by my side. Things have been difficult, but as they say "difficult isn't impossible." The most noticeable difference is time and plenty of it and of course, refocusing on just me. I think I bought more stuff for myself in the last week than I ever bought in a year (minus food).

Shopping has helped me reach my starting point, but it's weird not browsing through the boys/mens section. It's weird not having to check in. It's weird not having to worry about anyone else's itinerary or planning around a "we" vs. a "me." There have been some great points about this that I can get used to and it has been extremely less stressful, but when I do have a brief gap in-between my schedule to think even for a second I can't help, but feel a little empty; that this whole rigmarole is only a temporary fix and the sadness tries to weigh in. So I'll keep busy until this familiar emptiness fills up. Hopefully, soon.

So, Jimmy what are you trying to tell me, huh? I ask you even if I already know the answer. The last line of your first verse finally sunk in and here I am still floating.

Lyrics:

Could've been a night like any other
One of us has to drive
One of us gets to think
I'll force a laugh to break the silence
It's gonna get harder still
Before it gets easy
You can't keep safe what wants to break

I'm alone in this
I'm as I've always been
Right behind what's happening
She's all lost in this
She's all like she'll always be
A little far for me to reach

I was just a boy like every other
I thought I was something fierce
I thought I was ten times smarter
Love would be something that I just know
(Something I just know)
How you gonna know the feeling till you've lost it
I've been losing plenty since

I'm alone in this
I'm as I've always been
Right behind what's happening
She's all lost in this
She's all like she'll always be
A little far for me to reach

Maybe there's something else I'm missing
Something good and you're the reason
It's a dream but there's a real world waiting

I'm alone in this
I'm as I've always been
Right behind what's happening
She's all lost in this
She's all like she'll always be
A little far for me to reach


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jimmyeatworld/alwaysbe.html
http://thatreenagirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jimmy_eat_wold.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.