Skip to main content

Disappear

"Your House" - Alanis Morissette

I felt a sudden rush of sadness around lunch time today. I didn't know where it came from, but it made my heart hurt. I didn't realize the impact it had on me until I was walking down the hall to grab a fax. I apparently wore it well on my sleeve and everyone noticed. One of my biggest pet peeves is being asked, "Are you ok?" when obviously, I'm not. To avoid snapping for no reason, I stayed in my office and shut the door, nice and tight.

I don't have time for this. I was swamped with work and it's one thing to sit and do nothing, but dwell. But it's an annoying other to do it on a busy day like a freakin' Monday after a 5-day training. I just couldn't function so I definitely needed a moment to collect myself. What bugs is that I really can't explain where the feelings came from. I mean, I just had lunch and came back to my desk (this is the very reason why I often leave the confines of my workspace in order to take a real break).

What could have possibly triggered such a reaction in such a short amount of time? If I could answer this, I would but of course, I can't. Something was bothering me and to not know what that something was, ticked me off. I knew I had to get over this funk quickly if I wanted to make it through the day.

After a few hours, I finally got my stride back and completed a few tasks before calling it quits. I headed to my car and knew that the Boyz II Men CD just wasn't gonna cut it this time around. So, I pulled out Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill . I remembered there was a hidden track somewhere in the end and fast-forwarded through the last song to find it. Her words rattled me, distracting me from making any rash decisions all the way home.

The version I love has no music. It's just Alanis, singing. She sang with honest pain and it just does so much more for me than this version I'm providing to you now. So, do yourself a favor and find the original; the one that doesn't sound so rehearsed, so "pretty." Find the pain that'll distract you too. It makes a feeling like the one that came from outta nowhere today, disappear.


Lyrics:

I went to your house
Walked up the stairs
I opened your door without ringing the bell
I walked down the hall
Into your room
Where I could smell you
And I shouldn't be here, without permission
I shouldn't be here

Would you forgive me love
If I danced in your shower
Would you forgive me love
If I laid in your bed
Would you forgive me love
If I stay all afternoon

I took off my clothes
Put on your robe
I went through your drawers
And found your cologne
I went down to the den
I found your CDs
And I played your Joni
And I shouldn't stay long, you might be home soon
I shouldn't stay long

Would you forgive me love
If I danced in your shower
Would you forgive me love
If I laid in your bed
Would you forgive me love
If I stay all afternoon

I burned your incense
I ran a bath
And I noticed a letter that sat on your desk
It said "Hello love, I love you so love, meet me at midnight"
And no, it wasn't my writing
I'd better go soon
It wasn't my writing

So forgive me love
If I cry in your shower
So forgive me love
For the salt in your bed
So forgive me love
If I cry all afternoon


http://www.justsomelyrics.com/377027/Alanis-Morissette-Your-House-(A-Capella)-Lyrics
http://blackoutsould.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.