Skip to main content

Who Knows?

"Never Knew I Needed You" - NeYo

I logged on this afternoon, still feeling sick. I was at a lost with so many songs and when I found one, I didn't know what to write. And when I knew what to write about, I couldn't find a song that fit. So, I logged off and plopped on my living room sofa to unwind. There I was, flippin' through the channels without really looking for anything to watch and then as if it were planned all along, Disney's The Princess and the Frog came on just in the nick of time.

I never thought I'd like this film. I really had no interest in watching it at all. But when I was lying in my bed this passed Saturday, after a full day of cleaning and dusting, I decided to give it a try. Surprisingly, I related to it, but had to turn it off too soon to set up for a last minute party. Since then I've been checking to see when it would play again...(please, please, please) but day after day it never popped up. I find it amusing that when I finally stopped looking, there it was.

I identify with the character Tiana a lot. She's a hardworking girl who finds it difficult to simply have fun. Confusing what she wants with what she needs until she "dug a little deeper" and low and behold, found what she was never really looking for all along.
Princess Tiana: "Daddy never got what he wanted... but he had what he NEEDED: love! He never gave that up, and neither will I!"

This has nothing to do with what I'm feeling right now. It's actually quite the opposite of what I'm going through, but for some reason I know it's not too far from the truth. It's just gonna take 'em a bit longer to figure things out. And, hey who knows? Maybe I won't be here. Maybe I'll be taken, with kids, in a different city, living a different life. But then again, maybe so will they. But I guess it always has to happen that way. Some people gotta learn how to fight. And in my case, I gotta learn how not to. So for now, I'll simply enjoy life.

Lyrics:

For the way you changed my plans
for being the perfect distraction
for the way you took the idea that i have
of everything that i wanted to have
and made me see there was something missing
for the ending of my first begin
and for the rare and unexpected friend
for the way you're something that i never choose
but at the same time something i don't wanna lose
and never wanna be without ever again

you're the best thing i never knew i needed
so when you were here i had no idea
you're the best thing i never knew i needed
so now it's so clear i need you here always

my accidental happily (ever after)
the way you smile and how you comfort me (with your laughter)
i must admit you were not a part of my book
but now if you open it up and take a look
you're the beginning and the end of every chapter

you're the best thing i never knew i needed
so when you were here i had no idea
you're the best thing i never knew i needed (that i needed)
so now it's so clear i need you here always

who knew that I could be here (who knew that i could be here)
so unexpectedly (so unexpectedly)
undeniably happy

said with you right here, right here next to me
girl you're the..
you're the best thing i never knew i needed (said i needed)
so when you were here i had no idea
you're the best thing i never knew i needed (needed)
so now it's so clear i need you here always
baby baby
now it's so clear i need you here always


http://www.elyricsworld.com/never_knew_i_needed_lyrics_ne-yo.html
http://www.urbanmusicdirect.com/2009/10/ne-yo-never-knew-i-needed/
http://www.filmofilia.com/2009/05/11/the-princess-and-the-frog-first-poster/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780521/quotes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.