Skip to main content

"The Reason" - Hoobastank

This song is a trip. I remember a lot of my past when I hear it.

I remember the late night drive to WalMart in Pomona just to buy this CD. This was after Napster and before iPods when the only real way to get the music you want in the quality you want to hear it in was to go out and buy it. I remember how late it was because I used to work until 2:00am, but I wanted to hear this song so badly I just had to get it. It was a foggy night when fog used to happen in November. I dragged my then bf out of bed and made him drive me ever-so-cautiously up the 210 freeway. He was ok with it because he liked the song too and would pretty much do anything for me if I asked nicely. Plus, he wasn't working then and knew that when we got back to his apartment he could sleep in all day the next day (that is, if I wasn't snoring next to him). Sigh, I knew that relationship wouldn't work when we just couldn't sleep next to each other.

I also think about a time when I dated someone officially for 3-months, but in reality it was over 3-years. He had a thing about "labels." He didn't want to be anyone's anything because it binds him. I call it commitment phobia, but he simply called it not being ready. Yet I stuck around thinking I could convince him otherwise. At one point, I think I did but at that point it was too late. I had found someone else and not even a silly text message of "I'm thinking of you...and missing you" was going to change that. At least not then.

And now I think of you. The one who actually took these lyrics and gave it real meaning. The one who I've yet to see come back even if it is to check in on more than just the weather. The one who made me go to a crowded, one-track minded Slidebar in OC where the bathroom lines were long and the only thing to keep me company were the pictures on the walls. Hoobastank was one of them and it trips me out even more that while waiting in line all that time, I just now realized their symbol for this song is a "∞" for infinity. So much for that.

Even funnier, because in my journal (which I hope to get back someday soon), I started it off with the same 3 I'm mentioning now: (1) the one I was with (2) the one that had my heart and (3) the one I wanted to get to know. But things sure did change over time. I'm no longer with anyone, no one has my heart (or at least deserves to keep it) and I don't want to get to know anyone more than I know myself.

Lyrics:

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with every day
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
That's why I need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

And the reason is you
And the reason is you
And the reason is you

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you


http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/hoobastank-lyrics/the-reason-lyrics.html
http://el-ventura.blogspot.com/2009/02/hoobastank-for-n-ever-free-mp3-download.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_5685543_make-infinity-symbol-keyboard.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.