Skip to main content

Live!

"Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen

So, I went to the doctor this morning for my annual physical for work and here's what they had to report:
  • My vision is beyond blurry
  • I shrank about 1.5 inches
  • My heartbeat is still irregular
  • And now my pulse is very faint

So, my response? "Tell me something I don't know, Doc."

I wrote about this whole hoopla before and bitched about the fact that they couldn't find sh*t and left me with, "Well, you're still under 30 so...I guess it'll work itself out." Hmmm...so if nothing gets better with age then what? Then panic?! Sigh...So, forget bitchin' about the same bullsh*t twice. I decided to do nothing about it and just live my life! The remainder of this year and all of next will be dedicated to me, dammit. I'm going to be selfish and do what makes me happy.

It started with a couple of concerts and a last minute getaway to one of my favorite places, San Francisco. Then off to N. Carolina to visit a part of the world that actually knows what the month of November should feel like. I'm tired of cold summers and warm winters! I want to feel the holiday spirit and 90 degrees just ain't gonna cut it for me this time around. This will also be my very first trip all by my damn self and my first plane ride alone. Did I mention that I'm terrified of flying?! When I come back, I'll be in a more festive and hopefully, more relaxed mood. Maybe add a couple of mini-getaways here and there even if it means a day at the spa every month! I'll sure need one after being on a plane! But, the most exciting trip will take place in the Summer of 2011. This'll be the first time in a long while when I'll need a passport! I'm booked solid for 2-weeks to venture out and explore, yes folks, EUROPE!!!!! I may have had a sh*tty last few months, but I ain't stickin' around for this sh*t anymore. I'm going to explore and this time, I ain't on anybody else's time but my own. It's about me and for once, I'm so glad it is.

So, why this song you may wonder. It starts off slow at first, questioning the meaning of life and then it gets to a more somber note, going with the flow, no matter what the outcome may be. Suddenly, it pulls you down and takes you to a darker place, one of insecurity and lonliness and then all of sudden, opera? This to me is an unexpected, comical outburst on death. As if the truth that being mortal and knowing that nothing lasts forever, is more to laugh at instead of cry for in the end. I'm not one to search for the artist's meaning behind their music because it often differs from my own. But why this song, you ask? Because this is what it means to me.

Lyrics:


Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy (poor boy), I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

It's too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody - I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooo - (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango?
Thunderbolts and lightning - very very frightening me
Galileo, Galileo,
Galileo, Galileo,
Galileo Figaro - magnifico

I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go - will you let me go
It's the LAW! No - we will not let you go - let him go
It's the LAW! We will not let you go - let him go
It's the LAW! We will not let you go - let me go
Will not let you go - let me go (never)
Never let you go - let me go
Never let me go
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has the devil put aside for me
for me
for me
for me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh baby - can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out - just gotta get right outta here

Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters, nothing really matters, to me
Anyway the wind blows...



http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/bohemian-rhapsody-lyrics-queen/7416c03b21f50acd48256894000256a0
http://rantingsfromanoldtrout.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.