Skip to main content

Beat The Clock

"The Moment I Said It" - Imogen Heap


The rain came down hard this morning as I approached the hill just above Marengo and Arroyo Parkway. My iPod started to play this song as I made my way down to the traffic light below. Cars were stopped from all sides as I watched the Metro cross the street. Then it was my turn. I made a left and drove cautiously towards the 110 freeway. I knew cops frequent this area and I definitely didn't want to get caught this time around. My red and white tends to attract the wrong kind of attention.

The rain started to soften up as I waited patiently for the light to turn green. As I looked around I couldn't help, but notice just how careless some people really were. Some drivers had their vanity mirrors out to touch up their makeup while others decided to ignore their hand-held devices to talk or text. Pedestrians without umbrellas (knowing full well that it was going to rain) tried to make a run for it.

I question just how mortal we truly believe we are by taking chances like this every day. We live off convenience and risk suffering the consequences. Time is so precious that we often find ourselves with very little of it. We make up for it by trying to do things as we go or rushing to beat the clock, but yet as limited as it can be we somehow forget just how precious it really is.

It only takes one car with a distracted driver.
One pedestrian who couldn't quite get to the other side.
Then BAM!
Your whole life changes and can even come to an end.

Jaws dropped, onlookers looked on, as the ambulance made its way down the street. This red and white always has the right of way. And this time someone's light never did make it to the green.

Lyrics:

The moment I said it
the moment I opened my mouth
lead in your eyelids
Bulldozed the life out of me
I know what you're thinking
But darling you're not thinking straight
Sadly things just happen...we can't...explain

It's not even light out,
But you've somewhere to be - no hesitation
No I've never seen you like this
And I don't like it, I don't like it, I don't like it at all

Just put back the car keys
or somebody's going to get hurt
who are you calling at this hour
sit down, come round, I need you now
we'll work it all out together
we're getting nowhere tonight
now sleep, I promise, it'll all seem better somehow
in time

It's not even light out
Suddenly, you've somewhere to be
No hesitation
mmmm...I've never seen you like this
You're scaring me, you're scaring me,
You're scaring me to death

Don't...oh, smash...please
Don't...oh...and another one
Don't...oh...and another one

I'm losing you...I'm losing you

Trust me on this one
I've got a bad feeling
Trust me on this one
You're going to throw it all away
With no hesitation

Bye bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye
bye


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/imogenheap/themomentisaidit.html
http://www.dangerousmusic.com/users.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.