Skip to main content

Hi, Bye...

"Collide" - Howie Day

Hey Palm, thanks for dropping by. Wish you would at least say hi...

You know I couldn't be peppy for too long. I blame my head more than my heart. It still likes to play tricks on me. Some nights are harder than others. This is one of those nights. I'm still counting how long it's been since... I still think about everything that has happened and how different things would be now if nothing changed. I know as a person I'm better and, to me that means everything, but it doesn't mean that it's any easier. I lost a lot to gain this one thing back. Even if it is a pretty big thing.

I have to admit that I thought the holidays were going to eat me up inside, but surprisingly I didn't miss how it used to be...only the people I used to see. I received one very special Christmas card and read it occasionally. It always makes me smile. Please thank her for me. I'm not going to make this long, but I just want to say that I miss hearing the sound of my name being called by two precious voices that will always have my heart and I wish everyday that I could have them in my life...this alone will always be the worst part of last year. It makes it difficult to break up with more than just one relationship, but I'm used to challenges. So with that said, I hope things are well with you. I really do, but you don't have to tell me they are. I'll just assume it by your consistency thus far.

No worries, I'm fine. I have mine. And this is just my way of saying another, "Hello and goodbye."

Lyrics:

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah

I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/howieday/collide.html
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Howie-Day-Biography/F6AF0692C0CA6C3448256D43002ED9D4

Comments

  1. palm?.....those 2 little voices still ask for u. Deep down, I hope they always do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Palm Pre. I can see you even though you can't see me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.