Skip to main content

Rolling with Resistance

"For What It's Worth" - Buffalo Springfield


I could've given them good reason for their actions. I could've easily provoked an argument they saw comin' because I'm wired that way and I really don't mind the confrontation. I could've stomped my feet, huffed and puffed and blew this bullsh*t down. I could've...and this morning, I just about had it with it all of it I should've done just that.

Then I took a long, hard look at myself in my small, square mirror behind the door. And I said, "You can cause a scene or you can stop, and ask yourself, 'What's it all worth in the end?'" So, I decided to do what I do best when sh*i hits the fan. I cleaned house. I went through an entire storage closet in a matter of minutes and threw out old junk I knew no one would miss. I dragged a big box of it down the hill to the dumpster and never looked back.

After such a rush, I took a deep breath, wiped my face and again, glanced at myself in the mirror. And suddenly, I realized that this is exactly how I wanted to react to such a petty thing. I would go in and let it all go. Don't be fooled, it was very hard to sit through something that I completely disagreed with and knew full well had more to it than what was actually being said. This is the story of my life. I had to bite my tongue, step back, and distract myself from speaking out of line even if I was encouraged to do so. I didn't fall for this trap. So, I dug my nails into my hands and focused on this pain vs. being misunderstood. At least the physical pain I can handle, but I'm going to need more time adjusting to this mental f@%kfest they're putting me through.

I'm sticking to this idea that you can't fight with someone who doesn't fight back...at least it won't be as rewarding. And frankly, it doesn't matter because I don't care about who I am to people who don't know me. I vowed to take care of myself and so I didn't apologize for doing nothing wrong. I didn't agree with their misperception of me. I acknowledged it out of respect and paid no additional comment. In a way I guess you could say, I finally f@%ked 'em back and I gotta say, I enjoyed it.

Lyrics:

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and they carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
You better Stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
You better Stop, now, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
You better Stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down


http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/lyrics/for_what_its_worth.html
http://mostpopularunpopular.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.