Skip to main content

A New Oldie

"I Think We're Alone Now" - Tommy James & The Shondells











I was driving home from an interesting lunch today when I stumbled upon this song on K-Earth 101. The version I'm familiar with was sang by Tiffany back in the early 80's. I had no idea it was a remake until now. I know I can be clueless. I should have known better than to think a teen pop star can write her own stuff, but I give her props for taking on a classic and giving it an 80's twist! It kinda trips me out now that I think about it because this band apparently did other great songs like "Crimson and Clover," but again I'm more familiar with the remake by Jimmy Eat World.

Don't mistake me for someone who doesn't like oldies. I love and appreciate it very much. In fact, I used to listen to K-Earth a lot at my first job. Every day, all day as I made sandwiches and baked bread, I'd sing along to the Beatles, the Supremes, and the Beach Boys. I still have it programmed in my car stereo. I guess I need to spend more time expanding this side of my playlist so I don't come off sounding like a naive little tween again.

Back to my lunch date story. I know there will be talk about this sooner than later. People are already talking now. It kinda makes me giggle just how much controversy I create by doing nothing. And now, reading these lyrics makes me realize just how perfect this song is for what I've yet to put myself through...that is if I choose to once again mix business with pleasure. Things never happen on purpose for me. So I'm just going to take it one day at a time and let it sort itself out. All I have to say is don't listen to the rumors. You have a question, just ask and I promise to do the same. Clean slate, remember? I just hope this one doesn't dirty it up too soon.

Lyrics:

"Children, behave!"
That's what they say when we're together.
"And watch how you play!"
They don't understand.
And so we're running just as fast as we can.
Holding on to one another's hands.
Trying to get away into the night,
And then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground,
And then you say, "I think we're alone now.
There doesn't seem to be anyone around.
I think we're alone now.
The beating of our hearts is the only sound."

Look at the way
We gotta hide what we're doing.
Cause what would they say
If they ever knew?
And so we're running just as fast as we can,
Holding on to one another's hands.
Trying to get away into the night,
And then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground,
And then you say, "I think we're alone now.
There doesn't seem to be anyone around.
I think we're alone now.
The beating of our hearts is the only sound."


http://www.elyrics.net/read/t/tommy-james-&-the-shondells-lyrics/i-think-we_re-alone-now-lyrics.html
http://diddywah.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_archive.html
http://www.rhapsody.com/tiffany

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.