Skip to main content

Overdue

"You're Ex-Lover Is Dead" - Stars


Yes, I finally put this song up. I can't believe it's been over 3-months since I first heard it. I kept coming back to it, but didn't know where to begin. I didn't know what it all meant so I left it alone until you mentioned it a week ago. I still feel kinda weird to say that we actually talked then, but I'm not sure in what way yet so I thought now would be the best time as any to write about it (just in case I get mad or sad later and it kills my mood).

Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I just ignored your text like I did a month ago or rejected your blocked call completely out of habit? I was waiting for the lectures from my side when I told them how long our conversation lasted. I was waiting for the 20 questions, the "you should've, you could've's," but surprisingly, the most I got was a forced smile. And the funny thing is I'm actually really glad I answered the phone. I'm glad you called when you did. The stars were aligned at just the right moment in time to make sure we connected perfectly.

When you texted again the following day, it almost felt natural; like we've been texting all along. I figured it was just to comment on the movie bid and we'd leave it at that, but secretly I was hoping for more conversation. I mentioned it to my sisters and a few others, but again no comment. I'm not sure if this is worse than the lectures because at least I expect the lectures. And now that I sit here and think about it, I don't know if we opened a can of worms with this whole communication thing, but I have to admit I don't necessarily think it's so terrible either (although I'm sure many will argue with me). The reason being is that it was so trying to talk to you before. Something was always in the way, but neither of us really knew what it was. All we knew was that we were lacking something pretty significant. We only "checked in" and didn't say much else. I figured it was probably because we ran out of things to say, but it's not like we were consumed with each other every day. We were closer when we lived and worked together than we ever were those last 2 years. But we couldn't fix it. I couldn't fix it. And then that was it.

Now we're here. I wanted to talk to you about it, but you had your thing and then later on, I had mine. The stars just wouldn't align tonight. Should I take this as a sign that it was only supposed to be that one time? Should we leave this alone before it gets complicated? Before someone gets hurt? Or should we keep on going because we can? Look at me making this bigger than it probably is, but I know you're not too far from where I stand. I know you're curious too. I'm just not sure what this means, ya know? I don't even really know if I want to know. All I know is that the feeling of wanting to talk to someone is back and even if it's just that feeling, it's been long overdue.

Lyrics:

God that was strange to see you again
Introduced by a friend of a friend
Smiled and said 'yes I think we've met before'
In that instant it started to pour,
Captured a taxi despite all the rain
We drove in silence across Pont Champlain
And all of the time you thought I was sad
I was trying to remember your name...

This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin
Tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in
Now you're outside me
You see all the beauty
Repent all your sin

It's nothing but time and a face that you lose
I chose to feel it and you couldn't choose
I'll write you a postcard
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love...

Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...

There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save

I'm not sorry there's nothing to save...


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/stars/yourexloverisdead.html
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/stars_f1/your_ex_lover_is_dead/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.