Skip to main content

In-Between

"Buried Myself Alive" - The Used

It's 2:04am. Dammit, so close to making my funky curfew. Ah, screw it. Just another day. I'll make it to bed soon enough.

I wanted to listen to The Used for some reason. I have mixed feelings about this band. I guess like Jimmy Eat World, they are my in-between between break-ups and falling in love. I have no idea what the titles of any of their songs are, but I definitely know which side I was on at the time when I clicked on each track.

Some would burn a hole through my chest. One of those long-lasting burns that make my heart melt. Some would make me giggle with glee like a little school girl with a cute crush. Either way, most of them made me feel some sorta sensation as I sat back and listened.

It's kinda funny. I almost chose "On My Own," but when it started to play it nearly knocked me out of my seat. I can't believe it's not up here yet, but it's too damn depressing to tolerate at the moment. It's not like the choice I made was any better by any means, but it sure did hit the spot like my big bowl of hot Pho I had for dinner tonight. And that's all I really needed before I attempt to sleep.

Lyrics:

you almost always pick the best times
to drop the worst lines
you almost made me cry again this time
another false alarm
red flashing lights
well this time I'm not going to watch myself die
I think I made it a game to play your game
and let myself cry
I buried myself alive on the inside
so I could shut you out
and let you go away for a long time

I guess it's ok I puked the day away
I guess it's better you trapped yourself in your own way
and if you want me back
you're gonna have to ask

I think the chain broke away
and I felt it the day that I had my own time
I took advantage of myself and felt fine
but it was worth the night
I caught an early flight and I made it home

I guess it's ok I puked the day away
I guess it's better you trapped yourself in your own way
and if you want me back
you're gonna have to ask
nicer than that
nicer than that

with my foot on your neck
I finally have you
right where I want you
right where I want you
right where I want you
right where I want you

I guess it's ok I puked the day away
I guess it's better you trapped yourself in your own way
and if you want me back
you're gonna have to ask
nicer than that
nicer than that
and if you want me back
you're gonna have to ask
nicer than that
nicer
nicer


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/used/buriedmyselfalive.html
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0002733.html

Comments

  1. hello stubs....obviously you're in a bit more of an....edgy mood... but check this band out "stars"

    "your ex-lover is dead" is a beautiful song among others

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.