Skip to main content

Calm

"White Blank Page" - Mumford & Sons


I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this Easter morning. "Cough." The world was up, but I was in no mood to deal with it. "Cough." I fought the need to start the day for as long as I could. "Cough." I fought my urge to pee. "Cough." I fought the noise surrounding me. "Cough." I fought the sound of kids running around, the clanging of plates and silverware, the shuffling of hurried feet in and out of the kitchen and scurrying passed my bedroom door. "Cough." I wanted to hide underneath the warmth of my plush red blanket, but once again I lost my fuzzy pink socks in the middle of the night. "Cough." They escaped somehow and no matter what I did, I couldn't stay warm. "Cough."

Frustrated from the lack of sleep I got and the unfortunate ticking clock, I knew it was just a matter of time before the house filled up with even more people and even more noise. "Cough." And to top it all off, I'm suffering from this random cough that interrupts my ability to speak clearly, my sanity and my overall train of thought. I had to calm down and so I gave myself a minute and this song entered my mind.

The line, "Tell me now, where was my fault in loving you with my whole heart?" echoed loudly in my head. And for a brief moment it relieved my cough, but it did the opposite of what I needed. It pissed me off and ignited me into a fueling ball of fire and suddenly, I was angry. I kicked off my sheets and stormed out of my room, yelling like a spoiled brat, "Why the f@$K are you guys so damn loud?!" And then, "Cough."

I was angry that I didn't get enough sleep yet again. Angry because everyone else wasn't angry like me. Angry because of this stupid cough. Angry that things were chaotic in the house and it drained what little energy I had just looking around, seeing everyone busy and being the only one in my pajamas after 11:00A with a f@$kin' cough. Angry because no one was paying any attention to me being angry.

My dad was barbecuing outside while my baby sis and her bf were setting up for the Easter egg hunt. The only one that could've heard me was my mom, but she was quietly washing dishes in the sink. I knew I was loud enough for her to hear me, but she didn't even turn around. I went into the bathroom, slammed the door and washed my face. I started to clean (this is the only room besides mine that I'm in charge of when it comes to setting up for parties). I did this in 5-minutes flat because I knew I'd only have less than 10 for my room alone. People were already on their way and I was still just waking up.

I was ready to throw another tantrum once I let the reality of this sink in. Especially since this song kept me thinking about all that lost time, lost effort, and lost cause of yet another failed relationship. "Cough." F@$K!

I opened the door quickly, ready to scream another slur of bullsh*t. And there was my mom, standing in the middle of my messy room (this, folks is rare), holding hot tea in my infamous Eeyore mug. She smiled and said in her stern, but sweet voice, "Here anak (child of mine), drink this for your cough." And then like magic, I was calm.

Lyrics:

Can you lie next to her
And give her your heart, your heart
As well as your body
And can you lie next to her
And confess your love, your love
As well as your folly
And can you kneel before the king
And say I'm clean, I'm clean

But tell me now, where was my fault
In loving you with my whole heart
But tell me now, where was my fault
In loving you with my whole heart

A white blank page and a swelling rage, rage
You did not think when you sent me to the brink, the brink
You desired my attention but denied my affections, my affections

But tell me now, where was my fault
In loving you with my whole heart
But tell me now, where was my fault
In loving you with my whole heart

Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life
Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mumfordsons/whiteblankpage.html
http://musicloversgroups.blogspot.com/2010/10/mumford-sons-white-blank-page-lyrics.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.