Skip to main content

Just My Luck

"Fair" - Remy Zero

This song snuck it's way back into my life before I even realized what hit me. When it first started to play, I didn't remember where it came from and so I moved my fingertip away from the "skip" button, placed my iPod back inside the cup holder and continued my drive along the 5 freeway to avoid the traffic jam on the 110 bridge.

I slowly began to merge with the on-coming cars when the familiar chorus caught me off-guard and hurled me back into the wrong lane. A few angry drivers honked. I tried to wave an apology, but they sped off. To make matters worse, the sudden swerve of my steering wheel popped my iPod out of its comfort zone and onto the floor. Surprisingly, the song kept going but now the button was well out of my reach. To avoid any further close calls, I had no choice but to let it play. I let out a big, hefty sigh, shook my head in disbelief and finally made my way to my exit.

How I wish I could've been somewhere else at that moment. How I wish I could've been back at my apartment on Lake, lying on my couch, watching an adorable scene of a happy-go-lucky girl tap-dancing in front of a fireplace as a love-stricken boy looked at her in admiration. How I wish I could be that girl. Instead, I was just a girl who pissed a few people off because I recalled a moment in time when I felt just as lucky.


Lyrics:


Hey, are you lonely?
Has summer gone so slowly?
We found the ground
And that damage was done
It's cold as you fade into the sun
Where'd you go? To me?




But you're alive!
Well, it's only
Fallen frames, they told me
You stand out, it's so loud
And so what if it is?
It's cold as you face into the wind
Where'd it go to? tonight the sun shall see its light

So what if you catch me,
Where would we land?
In somebody's life
For taking his hands
Sing to me hope as she's
Thrown on the sand
All of your work
Is rated again
Where to go ?

And you were somehow the ran thing could allow
But it's all wrong
You're so strong
And this life and work
And choice took far too long
Where'd it go? tonight the sun shall see its light

So what if you catch me,
Where would we land?
In somebody's life
For taking his hands
Sing to me hope as she's
Thrown on the sand
All of our work
Is rated again

When I was sure you'd follow through
My world was turned to blue so thin
When you'd hide your songs would die
So I'd hide yours with mine
And all my words were bound to fail
I know you won't fail
See, I can tell


http://www.justsomelyrics.com/17595/Remy-Zero-Fair-Lyrics
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Remy-Zero-Biography/2E5BD1B8BA1DE9BF48256C68002FB256
http://deuslovult.wordpress.com/2007/06/26/heres-a-post-ive-fantasised-about-doing-for-a-lo/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.