Skip to main content

It Does.

"Possibility" - Lykke Li

In less than an hour, my month officially begins. I almost wanted to wait before I posted Lykke Li, but something inside me said, "Look her up." I wanted something special to close out May and Lykke was just the thing. I first read about her in a magazine. I like her name. I like how it's pronounced with a "Lick." I like her spunk and her unusual style. She has a certain prettiness about her that called out to me, but I left it alone that night. I was too distracted to take it anywhere passed that. I never took it any further than her name.

The first song that appeared was Possibility. More than a hundred people liked it compared to her other songs so I clicked it and suddenly, before I could catch it...my heart fell apart all over again. I remember this song. I remembered watching the movie that brought it to life...or should I say, death? I remember watching Bella as she sat in her chair, staring out through the window, as each season changed before her. Her clothes changed, the view changed, the world changed, but she remained the same. Her pain remained the same. It was a long, drawn out scene as this song played in the background. So sad, so lonely, so true.

These last several months have been like this scene. Heartbreak is this scene. It's not knowing why anyone leaves... It's not knowing what could've been done differently so people can keep the promises they make. It's not knowing what'll happen next, if anything were to happen. It's not knowing whether or not it's even worth it anymore. It's not knowing why I write while you read and yet you do nothing, but read. The whole thing has been a long, drawn out scene.

Does it matter if I hate you now if it didn't matter just how much I loved you then? Does it matter that this will be the first birthday in almost 2 decades without a man by my side? Does it matter when it shouldn't matter?

Yes, it does.

Lyrics:

There's a possibility
There's a possibility
All that I had was all I'm gonna get
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There's a possibility
There's a possibility
All I gonna get is gone with your step
All I gonna get is gone with your stare
So tell me when you hear my heart stop
You're the only one that knows
Tell me when you hear my silence
There's a possibility I wouldn't know
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Know that when you leave
Know that when you leave
By blood and by me, you walk like a thief,
By blood and by me, and I fall when you leave
So tell me when you hear my heart stop
You're the only one that knows
Tell me when you hear my silence
There's a possibility I wouldn't know
So tell me when my sigh is over
You're the reason why I'm closed
Tell me when you hear me falling
There's a possibility it wouldn't show
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

By blood and by me, and I'll fall when you leave.
By blood and by me, I follow your lead.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/newmoon/possibility.htm
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/2011/04/lykke-li-sadness-is-a-blessing-gold-panda-remix/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.