Skip to main content

Loss

"Divine Intervention" - Taking Back Sunday

I didn't know what to say when I heard the news and it's rare for me to be speechless. Sadly, I still don't have the right words to express myself so I'll use this song...I lost a dear friend over the weekend and one today. Both not by choice. I keep losing things beyond my control. I know to never say never, but this time it is never. My friend is gone. It's over... devastatingly over too soon, but I can't accept this. I just won't let it sink in that this is the friend I'll never get to see again.

The only lesson we should be learning from this is how precious life and sudden death can be. Yet people are just lingering and I'm just numb. I haven't cried yet. It's during this time that I fail miserably. It's like I'm trying too hard at something, but my efforts are too weak to even be noticed. I joke a lot and come off awkward as if sympathy has no meaning to me when in fact it means everything. So, I often reach out.

I needed someone in the worst way to let me know that everything will be ok. I didn't want to be alone and this afternoon, I was for a while...My house is going through some restructuring and my bedroom was blocked off by the chaos. In the midst of all the mess, I picked up my phone and called you. I was craving conversation and was hoping for a little peace of mind. And what did you tell me? You told me you could no longer be there for me. I was taken back. Really, we're back to this?

It's sad how you had to leave because you want to do things the "right way." It's sad because you still have much more to learn. It's ok, no worries. I get it. And I hope you get it too one day. I hope you know this circled path you're walking will only lead you back to where you started from because for the first time, it's not you who's confused in which direction to take. It's never been you and it's tough to walk on the other side so watch your step.

As for me, I wasn't looking for anything. I expected nothing in return besides our interesting friendship. Trust me, I know better. I've known better. I just needed a good friend, but we don't know how to do that so it's goodbye once again. I'll take this as a sign. And you're right like he was right over 8-months ago. No, I don't deserve this. Not at all.

So I found the one person that knew exactly how to make me feel better. "Thank you to my older sister for doing what no man has ever done. Thank you for being there and for taking care of me. Thank you for making me feel like I'm worth it. Thank you for dropping everything because I just needed some time. Thank you for making time. Thank you for making me laugh, think, vent, and release all of my frustration onto you. Thank you for carrying it even for a few minutes. Thank you for balancing me out. I needed this so thank you."

Lyrics:

Despondent, distracted,
You're vicious and romantic;
These are a few of my favorite things.
All of those flavors and
This is what you choose:
Past the blues, past the blues,
And on to something new,

Something real, make it timeless,
An act of God and nothing less will be accepted.
So if you're calling me out,
Then count me out.

Yeah, we're stubborn and melodramatic,
A real class act.
You see, I know a few of your favorite things.
Five in the morning and all comes out pouring,
Love, out the same way in.

Something real, make it timeless,
An act of God and nothing less will be accepted.
Now if you're calling me out,
Then count me out.

Something real, make it timeless,
An act of God and nothing less will be accepted.
I said real, make it timeless,
An act of God and nothing less will be accepted.
Now if you're calling me out,
Then count me out.

Mm, mm, mm, mm.
Mm, mm, mmmm
.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/takingbacksunday/divineintervention.html
http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2009/04/30/got-a-question-for-taking-back-sunday/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.