Skip to main content

Lucky 13

"Pictures of You" - The Cure

Blogger was broken last night and I actually had a lot to write (of course). I'm caught in the middle of something at the moment, but I had to take a moment to put this song up. It's been following me. True story. Seriously, following me.

It's been a while already, but it was around 2 in the morning when I first noticed it. I was suffering from one of my many "I can't sleep, but I'm trying to fool myself into keeping my curfew" kinda nights. A night of staring at my phone wondering who I should "drunk" dial even though I wasn't drunk. I was bored and uninspired when I decided to look up The Cure. I haven't blogged about them yet, which is surprising considering how depressing people often take them for. I'm not one of those people. I find them to be exquisitely beautiful and melancholy and will melt for anyone who sings this song to me. But they have to sing it well.

I'll be back later when the world is asleep, Dear Blog. There's just so much I have to tell you.

1:03 AM...

Where to begin. You probably won't believe this, but I've never heard this song before (at least not that I can remember or maybe just not all the way through). It was late. I was restless. These things come naturally to me. So, I was surfing through The Cure hoping one day I'll find one for whatever it is I'm feeling now.

I played Love Song, but no, absolutely not. I can't even tell you how far from that I am, but I'm pretty damn far. All I hear is "blah, blah, lies, lies, bullsh*t, bullsh*t, bullsh*t." And if I'm full of it then prove me wrong. Didn't think so. Then I clicked on Boys Don't Cry and yes, they do. They cry harder than girls do. They cry often, they cry ugly and it's all for selfish reasons. I, on the other hand, like how I look when I cry. Sometimes I stare at myself in the mirror to make myself cry. I know it's a little vain and kinda strange, but it's a coping mechanism that seems to work so I go with it. And when I wanna stop I just think of you in tears. I can't feel something for someone who has no feeling behind them. So I moved on to Friday, I'm in Love and Just like Heaven. Ha, really with these songs?! Ha ha, but not in a funny way. Mind you, these are their hits because they're obviously good at provoking genuine emotion, but I just don't buy into it as much as I used to.

Then finally Pictures of You came to me. Since then, it's popped up on random radio stations, appeared in restaurants and coffee shops, and interrupted me as I walked by an office door. It found its way into my Mini and I almost unplugged my iPod until I realized it wasn't plugged in.

It's perfect; so new, I couldn't think of you. All I thought of was how satisfied I felt for finding something that didn't make me gag or fake-cry or miss you. It made me think of just how much you miss me.

Lyrics:

I've been looking so long at these pictures of you that
I almost believe that they're real
I've been living so long with my pictures of you that
I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel

Remembering you
Standing quiet in the rain as
I ran to your heart to be near
And we kissed as the sky fell in
Holding you close
How I always held close in your fear
Remembering you
Running soft through the night
You were bigger and brighter and whiter than snow
Screamed at the make-believe
Screamed at the sky
And you finally found all your courage to let it all go

Remembering you
Fallen into my arms
Crying for the death of your heart
You were stone white
So delicate
So lost in the cold
You were always so lost in the dark

Remembering you
How you used to be so drowned you were
Angels so much more than everything
Hold for the last time then slip away quietly
Open my eyes but i never see anything

If only I had thought of the right words
I could have held on to your heart
If only I'd thought of the right words
I wouldn't be breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Looking so long at these pictures of you but
Inever hold on to your heart
Looking so long for the words to be true but
Always just breaking apart
My pictures of you

There was nothing in the world that I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world that I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
My pictures of you


http://www.elyrics.net/read/c/cure-lyrics/pictures-of-you-lyrics.html
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9bap9rxPN64/R86lJjm394I/AAAAAAAAAcg/cicj48ivGQI/s400/The-Cure.jpeg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.