Skip to main content

See Ya Later, Chica

"Amor Eterno" (Love Eternal) - Rocio Durcal

It was a solemn morning. I'm never on time for anything, but I was on time for this...for you dear friend. It was sunny when I got into my car and when I drove down Los Robles, but once it crossed over to Atlantic Blvd., the clouds rolled in. You never liked the heat did you, chica? "I'm dark enough already," you used to say. The sun was never kind on the mobile unit and it always picked a day when the AC would conk out to be at its strongest. It would aggravate you to no end, but you grinned it and beared it because that's just how you did it. I looked up today at the slight gray haze floating over the east side and thought you'd be happy to know that it stayed cool for you.

I held myself today for as long as I could. I'm sorry I let you down last night, but it was hard to see you. It took a while and I walked up slowly towards you thinking it would give me time to compose myself, but it just wasn't enough. The church was so calming and I tried my best to remain calm, but once I made it to you...it just wasn't you, chica. You should smack them, girl. They didn't do you justice to put you in your red, LOVE t-shirt as some say you requested. You know how it is, chica. You can never get what you want even in the after-life. Ay...we'd be b*tchin' together about it if you were still here.

Standing, kneeling, sitting, standing, kneeling, sitting again. I will never understand this, but I did it for you. So that was my exercise for today. It felt lonely complaining silently to myself, but you know I still did. And then something happened. It was during the moment when we were offering peace to one another that a soft breeze filled the room. It caught us by surprise, but it was so subtle. We didn't react much, but we knew it was you. You touched us all at that moment and it was beautiful. We hugged, we smiled, and we felt your peace.

Afterwards we gathered around to watch you pass us by and this song started to play as your family carried you. I held myself for as long as I could, chica...but this song did it. It brought the tears and it wouldn't let up. Your mobile unit, your loved ones, and us followed you to honor you and all that you've done in life. We followed you around Garfield High, blocking traffic and causing a scene no matter where we went. You would've liked that, chica! We made our way towards Resurrection to your final resting place. Flowers and bulldogs (in honor of your love for Garfield) aligned it. Your mascot stood his ground and watched over you as we paid our last respects. Aztec dancers dressed in intricate costumes and magnificent headpieces bid their farewells with drums, incense, and lots of color.

I have to admit it's hard to break tradition, but even though it was not exactly what you expected it to be and definitely far from where I've been lately, your service was lovely and heartfelt. It was all for you and because of you, your family and friends came together afer such a long time spent apart. We said our "hellos" and they're planning on having more hellos in the near future. So no goodbyes, chica. Just see ya laters. We'll be seeing you.

"Don't be sad, because I'm free…Please dry your tears upon your face…But in your hearts my love for you will never fade away. My troubles, my fears and all of tears have finally come to pass. …To all who loved me, family and friends, the time has come where my destiny begins." - L.Z.

Lyrics:

TĂº eres la tristeza de mis ojos
Que lloran en silencio por tu amor
Me miro en el espejo y veo en mi
El tiempo que he sufrido por tu adiĂ³s


Obligo a que te olvide el pensamiento
Pues siempre estoy pensando en el ayer
Prefiero estar dormida que despierta
De tanto que me duele que no estés

Como quisiera, ay, que tĂº vivieras
Que tus ojitos jamĂ¡s se hubieran cerrado nunca
Y estar mirĂ¡ndolos
Amor eterno, e inolvidable
Tarde o temprano estaré contigo
Para seguir amĂ¡ndonos

Yo he sufrido tanto por tu ausencia
Desde ese dĂ­a hasta hoy, no soy feliz
Y aunque tengo tranquila mi consciencia
SĂ© que pude haber yo hecho mĂ¡s por ti

Oscura soledad estoy viviendo
La misma soledad de tu sepulcro
TĂº eres el amor del cual yo tengo
El mĂ¡s triste recuerdo de Acapulco

Como quisiera, ay, que tĂº vivieras
Que tus ojitos jamĂ¡s se hubieran cerrado nunca
Y estar mirĂ¡ndolos
Amor eterno, e inolvidable
Tarde o temprano estaré contigo
Para seguir amĂ¡ndonos

English

You are the sadness in my eyes
That weep in silence for you love
I look at myself in the mirror and see my face
The time I've suffered because of your goodbye
I force my thought to forget you
Because I'm always thinking of yesterday
I'd rather be sleeping than awake
Because of how much it hurts that you are not here

How I wish, ay*, that you lived
That your little eyes never had closed
And to be looking at them

Love eternal and unforgettable
Sooner or later I will be with you
To continue loving each other

I have suffered so much due to your absence
Since that day up to today, I'm not happy
And even though tranquil is my conscience
I know that I could have done more for you

Dark solitude I am living,
The same solitude of your grave
You are the love of which I have
The saddest memory in Acapulco

How I wish, ay*, that you lived
That your little eyes never had closed
And to be looking at them

Love eternal and unforgettable
Sooner or later I will be with you
To continue loving each other


*ay: spontaneous exclamation that indicates hurt or pain

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/amor-eterno-love-eternal.html
http://rociodurcal.multiply.com/photos/photo/9/211

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.