Skip to main content

Comfort Zone

"I Will Follow You Into the Dark" - Death Cab for Cutie


I watched Friends with Benefits last night. I didn't have the strength to watch the other one. Not yet anyway and so I figured this was a safer bet (giggling slightly and shaking my head). It took a very familiar basketball t-shirt and a snippet from this song for me to realize, "No, it wasn't." But watch it if you haven't already. I think you'll find it entertaining (Well, you find pretty much anything entertaining). Although it was a little long with a conventional ending, I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. It kinda highlights how I feel about relationships right now; That no matter how much I want to drain all emotions out of it, I obviously can't have one without it. So, I guess that's why I'm pulling back from it. It's not good enough if I don't really like the person. It's not good enough for ME. I just know that if my heart isn't into it...I definitely won't be.

It's gonna take some time. I know. Everything takes time. All this damn time. So, I guess you could say I'm pretty happy about leaving it all behind starting Tuesday. I have two more nights here in town until I'm far away from all of this. I should be packing, but I'm obviously procrastinating. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and stuff already haphazardly thrown into my suitcase, but my mind isn't thinking so clearly. I know I'll forget something. I've been forgetting a lot lately. I wish I could forget only what I need to forget...

Anyway, this movie hit a soft spot with me. It's funny because I never thought I'd be blogging about this song with this movie. It doesn't seem to go, but you'd have to know the plot to know where I'm coming from. The scenes with this song in it made me tear up for obvious reasons and no, it did NOT have to deal with romantic love but it is about a love that's just as strong. Overall, this whole thing made me think about us and our time in our little space. We didn't do a lot of things right, but what we did do was know how to feel completely comfortable with each other.

The scene on the couch took me there. Remember when we ate a big bowl of extremely ripe peaches and how quickly we reacted? Ya, that kinda comfort. The times I really miss can't be duplicated with anyone else. It's because of these times that I stuck around for as long as I did. It's these moments that made me think we were the real deal. I know I'm probably just jaded from such memories, but I just thought to share this with you. Just in case you forgot about them too.

Maybe I'll talk to you before I board my plane. Maybe not. Either way, wish me luck while I stretch out my wings and fly.

Lyrics:

Love of mine some day you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark
No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark

If Heaven and Hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the NOs on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

In Catholic school as vicious as Roman rule
I got my knuckles bruised by a lady in black
And I held my tongue as she told me
"Son fear is the heart of love"
So I never went back

If Heaven and Hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the NOs on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

You and me have seen everything to see
From Bangkok to Calgary
And the soles of your shoes are all worn down
The time for sleep is now
It's nothing to cry about
'cause we'll hold each other soon
In the blackest of rooms

If Heaven and Hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the No's on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Then I'll follow you into the dark


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/deathcabforcutie/iwillfollowyouintothedark.html
http://deathcabnews.wordpress.com/
http://www.spotlightreport.net/wp/movies/justin-timberlake-and-mila-kunis-friends-with-benefits-new-trailer

Comments

  1. The big things are so easy to remember...its the little things like the peaches, the salmon, those burning oils, the little thing that creates foam in ur drink, etc....those are the things that are the definition of what we called happiness. That was our crazy stupid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did u change ur name? Who are u hiding from when it's obvious who u are? Where did u run off to when it's obvious where u want to go? It's unfortunate how long it took u just to say, "Hello." But u did. Now say more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took off in the wrong direction is where I went to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then what I meant to say is, "Now DO more."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.