Skip to main content

Wonder

"Why Does She Stay?" - NeYo



I wonder if you're waiting up for me. Curious to see what I'd post next and slightly hoping it'd be for you. Lucky you.

I wonder if you're debating what rating you'll give this, clicking it twice just to be sure I notice you noticed. Yes, I'm noticing.

I wonder what you've been thinking about the last week. It's been a week, ya know.

I wonder how your weekend went. How you must've spent it with someone else. How you were secretly hoping it was me. You did. I know. I felt it. I just ignored it.

I wonder how you're killing your time. Who you told. What they said. How you felt when they said it.

Just in case you're wondering, it's been different for me. I got the disappointed looks, the "why's?!," the shaking heads, the rolling eyes... but it's ok. It's not about anyone else. Sometimes the best way to explain it is by not explaining it at all. And so I'll continue to wonder...

Lyrics:

Why does she stay?
Why does she stay?
Why does she stay? Hey...

She hates that I don't do dishes
Even though I mess up the most
And she begs me all the time to help her
And I know I should but I'm lazy... so I don't
She always considering my feelings
Thinking of me before herself
Most of the time, I'm so damn selfish
I don't even realize she treats me so well

She's so much better than me
I'm so unworthy of her
Why does she stay?
Why does she stay? Why?

She hates that we don't spend much time
We barely see each other at all
She don't even nag me 'bout always working
She just says, "I just wish every now and then that you'd call"
And I don't know why she's still here
She could have any man that she wants
Step outside of myself see how much she loves me
And all the things I should do for her that I just don't
Just don't
And I realize...

She's so much better than me (so much better)
I'm so unworthy of her (so unworthy of her)
Why does she stay?
Why does she stay?
Tell me why? Why, why, why?
Why, why, why, why?

(She's in love, she's in love, she's in love)
And I don't understand, that I don't understand no
(She's in love, she's in love, she's in love)
Got to be a better man for her
So I take my time and do what I'm supposed to do
Because I just can't see my life without you, you, you, you, you

Why does she stay?

She's so much better than me (so much better, so much better...)
I'm so unworthy of her (so unworthy of her...)
Why does she stay?
Why does she stay?
Tell me why? Why, why, why?
Why, why, why, why, why?

Why does she stay?
Why does she stay?
Why does she stay?


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/neyo/whydoesshestay.html

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.