Skip to main content

Perfectly

"Assassin's Tango" - John Powell


I originally posted "Mondo Bongo," the song that plays at the beginning of this beautiful, bad ass movie...but when I played it back something just didn't feel right. I didn't know what it was. I obviously like the song. I do. I mean, what's not to like? It comes on during one of the most steamiest scenes when we first meet two people in lust, unsure of who they are and the future that lies ahead. All they knew was there was a genuine attraction and a definite need to see where it would lead them. It was romantic, invigorating, and full of intense heat. As were we.



However, considering the circumstances of where we are now, it makes complete sense why this no longer makes sense. It was like a misshaped piece that no matter how hard it tried, it just couldn't fit in the puzzle.



Insert Tango. The truth finally revealed. No bullsh*t, but plenty of spiraling emotions. This is the one thing that I felt was missing: Honesty. And damn, can it be brutal. But I gotta say this though, it still sure wreaks of sexy. Full of fire, smarta$$isms, cockiness, sly remarks, and a few quick blows to this thing called pride. And that's just from Jane. Sparks flare between the Smiths even though both feel jaded by the other's "betrayal," fighting subtly to get the last word in. This one fits us much better, don't you agree? Uh-huh. Yup. Perfectly.

Jane Smith: Why is it you think we failed? Because we were leading separate lives? Or was it the line that did us in?

John Smith: I have a theory, newly formed.

Jane Smith: I'm breathless to hear it.

John Smith: You killed us.

Jane Smith: Provocative.

John Smith: You approached our marriage like a job. Something to be reconned, planned and executed.

Jane Smith: And you avoided it.

John Smith: What do you care? If I was just a cover?

Jane Smith: Well who said you were just a cover?

John Smith: Wasn't I?

Jane Smith: Wasn't I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.