Skip to main content

Selfish Sleeper

"Middle of the Bed" - Lucy Rose



Indie Shuffle pulled this one out from under the covers and the first thought that came to mind was, "Hey, this is where I sleep too!" I laugh a lot at myself sometimes. How quickly my emotions change in the course of a day...

So, this is my set-up. My bed is pushed in a quaint corner directly behind this computer chair. I turned it to face the window because I was tired of being in the dark. I have the same yellow, green and lavender patterned comforter and pillowcases that I grabbed at Bed, Bath and Beyond nearly a decade ago. Stitches have come undone from all the wear and tear that quite a bit of cotton clumped together creating a few scattered lumps here and there. I've been using a thin, white sheet during these warm summer nights, but when it gets cold my plush red, Betty Boop blanket hugs me tight. She's been more dependable to me than these last five years.

In what little chances I get to sleep, I'm grown accustomed to being a selfish sleeper. I have a total of six pillows: Two for my head, one placed on each side of me to keep me safe from "falling," and the last two? Oh, those two I never use. One of them was reserved for a special someone, but this hasn't been the case in over a year. No one has used them since and I doubt anyone ever will, but yet even though they have no purpose I still keep them. They're carefully set aside every night. I guess I tend to overstock on a lot of things I no longer need.

I love feeling surrounded and being completely covered. I love wearing loose pjs and no socks. I love letting my hair rest over my pillow so I don't squish it under my heavy head and so I don't sweat under my neck during those blasted nightmares. I have a tiny nite-lite that remains on since I often wake up in the middle of the night and need it to keep me from getting disoriented. I move around a lot because I don't have to stay on "my side." There are no sides when the whole bed is mine. It's always been mine, but back then I was kind enough to share. I don't share anymore. This is the only way I know how to sleep.

Lyrics:

I sleep in the middle of the bed
You don't know, is it fine to hold my hand?
I sleep in the middle of the bed
Sun slips through my cold hands

Do you really want me back?
Do you really want me back?

Cause I'm over it, over you
All over the town they say I love you
I'm over it, I'm over you
All over the town
They say I love you, yeah
They says I always will


They say I love you, yeah
These wounds, they won't heal

I talk to myself at night
Better still when the lights are turned out
I talk inside my head
Better if nobody knows what I said

Do you really want me back?
Do you really want me back?

Cause I'm over it, over you
All over the town they say I love you
I'm over it, I'm over you
All over the town
They say I love you, yeah
They says I always will
They say I love you, yeah
These wounds, they won't heal

It's all over the town
You're spreading the rumors
It's all over the town
You're spreading the rumors

If you knew me at all
You should all know my answers
If you knew me at all
You should all know my answers
If you knew me at all
You should all know my answers
If you knew me at all
You should all know my answers

They say I love you, yeah
They says I always will
They say I love you, yeah
These wounds, they won't heal

They say I love you, yeah
They says I always will
They say I love you, yeah
These wounds, they won't heal

The sun slowly falls through


More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/middle_of_the_bed_lyrics_lucy_rose.html
All about Lucy Rose: http://www.musictory.com/music/Lucy+Rose

http://www.lyricsmania.com/middle_of_the_bed_lyrics_lucy_rose.html

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.