Skip to main content

Aimless Arrow

"Cupid" - Sam Cooke



I did the unthinkable and finally got on Match. It's been 2-days, but I'm not expecting miracles. I guess after the year I've had, I finally let my sister convince me that there's really nothing to lose, but a tiny little investment. And hey if I don't meet anyone interesting in 6 months, it wouldn't be any different than the last 6 months. And if I do, I do. I haven't had much luck in this area of my life, but I sure did try a lot in my "free" time to do things I wouldn't normally do so I figured why not add this onto my plate? I may like the taste of it or I may spit it out, but at least I gave it a try.

This whole damn dating thing is just not my cup of tea. I have to admit I hated doing the "About Me" section so I rambled on like a sarcastic smarta$$ the first night about the whole been there, done that. My tag line was, "Tired of the same ol' crap so who's tired with me?" I didn't think my pessimism would attract too much attention, but low and behold it did. I got "winked" at a lot, which is kinda like being "poked" on Facebook. I'm not sure how I feel about this method of communication just yet, but would you look at that, men actually like girls with wit. Who knew?!

On top of all this, I can also see who's viewed me and how many of them found me interesting with my whopping 5 regular, self portraits. What I mean by "regular" is that my sister didn't want me to put the "I'm easy, come screw me" photos she said I often put up on Facebook (as if?!) so she selected what she thinks looks like the real me. I had to intervene a bit with her choices, but we came to an agreement... In the end, she chose.

It's not a perfect system by any means and goodness knows I already got a handful of weirdos and potential sex offenders. What can I say? I'm a magnet for greatness... But it's better than gallivanting and thinking that someone cool is going to fall on my lap or pop up from a cubicle on my way to the fax machine. I can't wait around forever and who said I'm ready to settle down or do anything? I'm just intrigued and need someone or someones to be intrigued with so who knows where this will go?

I'm just taking a few extra steps forward. It kinda had me thinking so much about my direction in life that tonight I logged back in and spent actual, quality time putting my spiel together. I changed my username (to not be that obvious), tag line, "About Me," and even added a few of my interests here and there. Let's just hope that I don't consume my every being in this and not enough time working on other aspects of my life. What's a resume again? I gotta stay focused on what matters most: Me.

And don't worry, I won't forget about you either...Dear Blog. Never.

Lyrics:

Cupid, draw back your bow
And let your arrow go
Straight to my lover's heart for me, for me
Cupid, please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Now, I don't mean to bother you
But I'm in distress
There's danger of me losing all of my happiness
For I love a girl who doesn't know I exist
And this you can fix

So, Cupid, draw back your bow
And let your arrow go
Straight to my lover's heart for me, nobody but me
Cupid, please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me






Now, Cupid, if your arrow make her love strong for me
I promise I will love her until eternity
I know between the two of us her heart we can steal
Help me if you will

So, Cupid, draw back your bow
And let your arrow go
Straight to my lover's heart for me, nobody but me
Cupid, please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Now, Cupid
Don't you hear me
Calling you?
I need you
Cupid
Help me
I need you
Cupid
Don't fail


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/samcooke/cupid.html
http://www.keepmywords.com/tag/bertha-franklin/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.