Skip to main content

Stray

"Secret Lovers" - Atlantic Starr

I arrived early to work this morning. I could hear an owl not too far away. The road was damp and the air smelled fresh and clean. I carefully parked just below the big, drooping tree, squishing its dead branches against the wet curb. I turned off my headlights and watched as the fog that sat quietly on top of the hill ahead of me slowly started to disappear.

Two silver Benzs that have become frequent visitors to our "isolated" location within the last year were revealed. The man, who drove the sports car, popped out with no shame to tuck in his blue, button-up shirt. The woman, dressed in a pencil skirt and lavender blouse, pushed up her vanity mirror inside her slightly-tinted SUV. They no longer seemed to care that their actions were calling attention to them, although they did make a drastic change in their meeting time in order to be less obvious. They're usually lunch folks and have been seen in this spot just a little passed noon, but I guess they learned rather quickly that they weren't alone on this hillside. So in an attempt to ensure that they weren't parked too closely next to curious eyes, they figured mornings would be better. And there I happened to be.

It's funny because at first we thought nothing of it. Maybe they were a real couple and just wanted to spice things up outdoors... but 3 times a week? That's quite a bit of the same spice so it's hard not to start making assumptions. It's just sad that things often come to this; that people have to hide and keep secrets. That these two people who appear to be successful professionally, carry issues in their personal lives that lead them to meet at this point.

It scares me to think that I've been jaded by the thought that trust no longer exists. The fact that I see a lot of this going on everyday within these peaceful hills is proving to me more and more that honesty is definitely dying. What's not happening at home to make this happen so much out here, I wonder?

I dedicate this to all of you who will eventually figure that out the hard way...

Lyrics:

Here we are, the two of us together
Taking this crazy chance to be all alone
We both know that we should not be together
'Cause if they found out, it could mess up
Both our happy homes

I hate to think about us all meeting up together
'Cause soon as I looked at you, it would show on my face, yeah
Then they'll know that we've been loving each other
We can never no, no, no, no, we can't leave a trace

Sittin' at home I do nothing all day
But think about you and hope that you're okay
Hoping you'll call before anyone gets home
I'll wait anxiously alone by the phone

How could something so wrong be so right?
I wish we didn't have to keep our love out of sight, yeah
Living two lives, just ain't easy at all
But we gotta hang on and after fall

Secret lovers, yeah that's what we are
Trying so hard to hide the way we feel
'Cause we both belong to someone else
But we can't let it go 'cause what we feel
Is, oh so real, so real, so real

You and me, are we fair?
Is this cruel or do we care?
Can they tell that's in our minds?
Maybe they've had secret love all of the time

In the middle of makin' love, we notice the time
We both get nervous 'cause it's way after nine
Even though we hate it, we know it's time that we go
We gotta be careful so that no one will know

Secret lovers, yeah, that's what we are
We shouldn't be together but we can't let it go
'Cause what we feel is, oh so real
So real, so real, so real, so real


http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/atlantic-starr-lyrics/secret-lovers-lyrics.html
http://www.sweetslyrics.com/images/img_gal/20319_atlanticstarr.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.