Skip to main content

Opposite

"Criminal" - Britney Spears



It's a funny feeling to feel so good and not so good all at the same time; to make a decision that I know is bad for me, but it's fun so I do it anyway...

I had a little too much Vodka (something called a "Blueberry Muffin") last night and all I gotta say is I bit off a lot more than I could chew! If you asked me, someone must've laced mine. Maybe it came from an extra special pastry with an extra special ingredient and then squeezed into a clear bottle of booze that I never actually saw being poured into my orange plastic cup! Luckily, it was a mellow gathering at a local friend's house so I didn't find myself peeing in an alley somewhere or swearing like a sailor either. But I did have my fair share of alcohol! Things were getting hazy after 11P, but soon I made my way home and was sound asleep (in full hair and make-up) by 1:05A. Needless to say, I woke up 4-hours later feeling like hammered sh*t. I needed to wash up...among other things, badly. I just wished there was someone there to hold my hair back (though I've had to do this on my own the 2-times it's ever happened in my life). You'd think by now I'd know that Vodka and I just don't mix well together after a mere 3 drinks, but noooooo I had to take a 4th. I had to. The host made it for me (ya that's it). Plus, I was dressed for the part so it wouldn't be right for me not to live up to it (ya, that's it too).

I finally rolled out of bed this morning, popped a couple of Advils to replace the ones I threw up a few hours before, because of a family outing we so ill-fully planned to occur today. Another pumpkin patch under the hot sun with a crowd of screaming kids, long lines and here's the kicker, bikes! So you could imagine how I felt when I stared into the mirror only to find myself covered in hives. Who needs sunblock when I already look all red?! Ah the beautiful effects this has on me.

So, why do I feel good then? Because of all days, today is also the day that I received plenty of attention from my new Match friends! I say it's kinda funny because it almost always happens to me that when I'm feeling pretty tore up, the boys come out and play. I received waves of winks, a dozen emails, and made at least two solid connections. The Vodka may have been a bad idea, but I'm beginning to see less than a week in, that not all ideas are bad. It amuses me that these boys are so persistent, but careful at the same time and it amuses me even more with how hard they try. I may pick the worst of the worst (I tend to), but at least I'm picking something. So I chose Brit's song in hopes that I'll end up with the opposite of what I usually pick.


Lyrics:

He is a hustler, he's no good at all
He is a loser, he's a bum, bum, bum, bum
He lies, he bluffs, he's unreliable
He is a sucker with a gun, gun, gun, gun
I know you told me I should stay away
I know you said he's just a dog astray
He is a bad boy with a tainted heart
And even I know this ain't smart

But mama I'm in love with a criminal
And this type of love isn't rational, it's physical
Mama please don't cry, I will be alright
All reason aside I just can't deny, I love the guy

He is a villain by the devil's law
He is a killer just for fun, fun, fun, fun
That man's a snitch and unpredictable
He's got no conscience, he got none, none, none, none
A-All I know, should let go, but no
'Cause he is a bad boy with a tainted heart
And even I know this ain't smart

But mama I'm in love with a criminal
And this type of love isn't rational, it's physical
Mama please don't cry, I will be alright
All reason aside I just can't deny, I love the guy

And he's got my name
Tattooed on his arm
His lucky charm
So I guess it's OK
He's with me
And I hear people talk (people talk)
Try to make remarks
Keep us apart
But I don't even hear
I don't care

'Cause mama I'm in love with a criminal
And this type of love isn't rational, it's physical
Mama please don't cry, I will be alright
All reason aside I just can't deny, I love the guy

Mama I'm in love with a criminal
(All I know, should let go)
And this type of love isn't rational,
(But no)
It's physical

(All I know)
Mama please don't cry, I will be alright
(Should have let go)
All reason aside
(But no)
I just can't deny, I love the guy


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/britneyspears/criminal.html
http://thehypefactor.com/britney-spears-criminal/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.