Skip to main content

C U Next Tuesday

"Stupid Girl" - Garbage


I was trying not to write about this, I truly was. I didn't want to add more attention to this publicity stunt, bullsh*t spectacle from D-rated celebrities but dammit, I just can't shake it off! It's been bugging the hell out of me for the last 2-days although, I'm quite surprised that it's not as BIG a deal as we all thought it would be when it was all over. I guess we were expecting it to last at least 7-months. Geez, if it weren't for the obvious tabloids, Facebook and TMZ gushing over it, I'd be completely clueless... Gotta love my awesomely cruel paparazzi. But really Kim Kardashian?! Really? After dropping $10 million on an overblown, Godly wedding ceremony and an excruciatingly painful, super-platinum reception, you decided in a mere 72 freakin' days that, "Nah, marriage just isn't for me?!"

People are dying in several parts of the world including right in the heart of this very city. They're without shelter, food, clothing, and real health care. And yet Kim gets a loaded rock on her finger that was so pricey they had to ship it through heavy duty security! She was wearing a small country for Pete's sake! She could've fed the hungry, cared for the sick, helped the poor or at least tell her soon to be ex-husband that she was filing for divorce...oh, I don't know before she filed for it!

I didn't hear the full story. At this point, who needs to? But yes, I was one of those stupid girls in lala-land that sat through the "premiere" of it all. I watched how poor, idiotic Kris Humphries choked on his first proposal attempt and then glorified the second one for the cameras. I know it was supposed to be romantic, but with all those red petals and candle wax against the white floor, all I kept thinking about were the stains and the fact that Kim took forever to climb up those stairs! I can't even get a guy to open the damn car door! Sigh...

I'm not envious. Oh no, not at all. What makes you think that? It just pisses me off that this spoiled little dipsh*t can get all of this so easily and then decide with a drop of a hat that it's not for her. Kim didn't discover a cure for a rare illness or even create something so amazing that it would change the world! No, she got famous over a sex tape! I just found this out. This crap upsets me. It really does. I mean, there are hardworking, well-deserved people in the world that could use some of this money and yet here she is crying over $95,000 diamond earrings that fell into the shallow ocean in a 5-star resort on a private island! And get this, it was so big they actually found it! Oh how I wished it stayed lost so that a deprived child who cleans huts for pennies a day, could've picked it up and made a difference in their life!

The world works in mysterious ways, but I swear it's things like this that makes me realize just how unfair it really is to not be born with a silver spoon. At least give me one so I could jab it down Kim's throat! And don't even think I'm putting their pictures up on my blog. Oh. Hell. No. I don't put obscene photos of ridiculousness on here. So, if you don't follow it good for you. This is what happens when I read into my gossip too much. I think I'm going to rethink what I see as entertainment after this. Otherwise, I may destroy her or at least rob her so I can take care of those who actually need to be taken care of. "'Irreconcilable differences,' I'll give you some irreconcilable differences! (Breathing in and exhaling)...But for now here's my serenade, C-U-Next-Tuesday."

Lyrics:

You pretend you're high
You pretend you're bored
You pretend you're anything
Just to be adored
And what you need
Is what you get

Don't believe in fear
Don't believe in faith
Don't believe in anything
That you can't break

You stupid girl
You stupid girl
All you had you wasted
All you had you wasted

What drives you on (What drives you on)
Can drive you mad (Can drive you mad)
A million lies to sell yourself
Is all you ever had

Don't believe in love
Don't believe in hate
Don't believe in anything
That you can't waste

You stupid girl
You stupid girl
Can't believe you fake it
Can't believe you fake it

Don't believe in fear
Don't believe in pain
Don't believe in anyone
That you can't tame

You stupid girl
You stupid girl
All you had you wasted
All you had you wasted

You stupid girl
You stupid girl
Can't believe you fake it
Can't believe you fake it

You stupid girl
You stupid girl
Can't believe you fake it
Can't believe you fake it

You stupid girl.


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/garbage/stupidgirl.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.