Skip to main content

Funny, Interesting, Cool

"After Midnight" - Blink 182



You better "like" this cuz you'd be the only one that didn't like it and that'd be so, so, so sad. So just click on it. You know you want to. Give it the credit it deserves. Move that cursor. Go on now. I know you know what to do. Let the arrow guide you. It knows better. Much, much better than you. It knows its purpose is to show value to what matters most.

I'm glad Blink's back. It didn't make sense that they had to break up because they were so good together. Their last album before this is intoxicating to me. Their music made perfect sense, but then they stopped listening to each other and f@$ked it all up. It took a tragedy (unfortunately) and a bit of common sense (fortunately) for them to realize that no matter what other side projects they had going on and no matter who they attempted to collaborate with, they only enjoyed minimal success. Never the status and range we've seen them reach in the past. They were missed and finally they felt this "miss" grow and decided to reunite.

Interestingly enough, although I do enjoy this song it didn't hit me like the others. It caught my attention to turn the radio up in the midst of all the commotion, but it didn't mind-f@$k me like I'm used to. Or maybe I'm not so easily influenced as I had been before. Yet for a moment I did fall into a trance so I knew instantly it was them. They have a distinct sound that makes it pretty impossible to ignore. So, I grabbed my phone to find out the name of this new track. I wanted to play it back when there's no distractions to get in my way. Suddenly, I find myself heavily distracted.

Don't read into this. I'm talking music. Only music.


Lyrics:

I can't get my feet up off the edge
I kind of like the little rush you get
When you're standing close to death
Like when you're driving me crazy

Hold on as we crash into the earth
A bit of pain will help you suffer when you're hurt, for real
Cuz you are driving me crazy

Bite your lips, your words a robbery
Do you grin inside? You're killing me
All along we talked of forever
I kind of think that we won't get better
It's the longest start, but the end's not too far away
Did you know? I'm here to stay

We'll stagger home after midnight
Sleep arm-in-arm in the stairwell
We'll fall apart on the weekend
These nights go on and on and on

I can't keep your voice out of my head
All I hear are the many echoes of
The darkest words you said
And it's driving me crazy

I can't find the best in all of this
But I'm always looking out for you
Cuz you're the one I miss
And it's driving me crazy

Bite your lips, your words a robbery
Do you grin inside? You're killing me
All along we talked of forever
I kind of think that we won't get better
It's the longest start, but the end's not too far away
Did you know? I'm here to stay

We'll stagger home after midnight
Sleep arm-in-arm in the stairwell
We'll fall apart on the weekend
These nights go on and on and on


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blink182/aftermidnight.html
http://back-pocketbelievers.net/2011/10/04/blink-live-on-jimmy-kimmel/

Comments

  1. 11/29/11

    You: "Don’t read into this. I’m talking music. Only music. Kristeen Young. Look her up if you haven’t already."

    Me: Interesting...a piano mistress, huh? We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.