Skip to main content

All or Nothing

"Now and Forever" - Richard Marx

I thought this song could speak for itself so originally I didn't plan on writing anything, but you noticed. I don't want you to think that everything you've done thus far is going unnoticed. So, let me just take a moment to tell you this.

Your serenade gave me tingles and at first it was too much. I'm still not sure how to react because I don't want to be misunderstood. Your compilation (both new and old) has hit me in so many ways. You probably don't even know do you? I feel overwhelmed by all of this. By your sweetness and even more so with your attention to detail. The fact that you stayed up late just to make sure everything was "perfect" is beyond amazing to me. I almost forgot what it felt like to have someone show so much effort to express how they feel. It's a little unnerving to think that maybe this time you'll have the upper-hand because I don't even know where to begin.

How do I show you my appreciation? My affection? Make you a CD? You have all the songs. Buy you a gift? What do you like? What do you want that you don't already have? I don't want to dress you since you obviously know how to dress yourself and I won't dare touch your superstition with shoes. I know I don't have to get you materialistic things, but I feel like I've always been one-up with this and now I'm severely lacking here. I don't know what to do and I'm not used to just sitting back and enjoying it either. I know you think otherwise, but I can't help it. I'm not used to being cared for. "Get used to it," is too foreign to me. You had to have been through what I've been through to know how far from getting used to it I am. So please tell me how I could possibly show some care back.

No lists. Just ideas. Nothing fancy, but nothing boring either. We can't have one person doing everything. We have to start it again right. Not just you. Not just me. But BOTH of us. We're in this together, remember? All or nothing.

Lyrics:

Whenever I'm weary
From the battles that raged in my head
You made sense of madness
When my sanity hangs by a thread
I lose my way, but still you
Seem to understand
Now & Forever,
I will be your man

Sometimes I just hold you
Too caught up in me to see
I'm holding a fortune
That Heaven has given to me
I'll try to show you
Each and every way I can
Now & Forever,
I will be your man

Now I can rest my worries
And always be sure
That I won't be alone, anymore
If I'd only known you were there
All the time,
All this time.

Until the day the ocean
Doesn't touch the sand
Now & Forever
I will be your man

Now & Forever,
I will be your man


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/richardmarx/nowandforever.html
Image courtesy of Google.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.