Skip to main content

To Really Know Me...

No song...just because...

I take late night showers. I have more energy when everyone sleeps and I find it relaxing to go to bed feeling clean. It's a way for me to wash the whole day off of me so that I can start fresh the next morning. I don't like mornings. I never will. I don't like waking up early for any reason. I don't like the covers being lifted off of me and will always use a blanket no matter how hot it gets. I don't do hot. The sun and I don't get along at all, but I won't wear a ripped off sleeve on my left arm so that I don't tan while driving. Although I do tan easily. Heat and bright lights make me irritable and moody and I tend to make others around me feel the exact same way.

I'm never on time. Let me repeat. I. Am. Never. On. Time. I don't like waiting so I'd rather be fashionably late than sit there and wait. Don't rush me because I will move even slower. I don't wear watches because I can't tell time (really, I can't) and it feels heavy on my wrist. I love shoes though I rarely wear the pretty ones I buy or the expensive ones given to me because I love them too much to "wear them out." I'm not a techie person and I don't build things. I'd rather have someone do things for me than to figure it out for myself. I have no patience for following instructions, but I'm detail oriented and expect others to follow the ones I create.

I will pay the price when it matters. I'm a cautious spender, but a great gift-giver. I love a great bargain, but I'm not cheap when it comes to food and to taking care of others. I like going out to lunch every single day as long as I'm around good company. I don't like to be alone. It depresses me. I won't go to the movies or out to eat on my own. I argue to get my way and I often do. I'll do a lot for you, but will expect a lot in return. And yes, I keep count and will hold you accountable for what you have yet to do. I thrive under pressure. I lead by my emotion. I cry easily, but I'm not sentimental. I have no idea how to act at funerals and I have a mouth like a sailor. I'm a very open person, sometimes too open and will tell people what I like and don't like almost immediately...as you can see, obviously.

If I love you, you're all set. If I hate you, you no longer exist to me. If I'm mad at you, you're in trouble for about an hour or so until I decide to let it go (but I'll never forget it). If I support you, I tend to let you walk all over me, but I'll always hold this over your head. If you hurt me, then you'll definitely be hurt in return. If I hurt you, then you need to get over it quickly (unless you deserved it, which you probably did or else I wouldn't have hurt you in the first place). If you can't get over it, then get away from me. If you lie to me, I'll find out. If you hide things from me, you're still lying to me. If you mess around with my heart, then you're an idiot and a complete waste of my time (you know who you are). If you have my heart, then you're lucky and I know you know it because I know you feel it.

All I ask of you is to understand me. Accept my flaws and appreciate me. So, please do what you say. Don't jump ahead. Don't fall behind. Just walk by my side and carry me when I get old and tired. Because you know that I'll be pretty damn good at doing the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.