Skip to main content

Known

"How Did You Know?" - Gary Valenciano

What a turnaround 2012. You sure kicked 2010 and 2011 in the balls and it's only Day 2. I gotta say that it's definitely been a while since I've felt this excited and I know there's more to it than just the start of a new year. Let me take a breath before I attempt to grasp onto this passed Friday night.

It's been a week since I've been coughing up what feels like my right lung. So I bathed in Eucalyptus, wrapped myself up in my jammies, and pulled the covers over me. I knew I couldn't hibernate in here for too long because for some reason, my family wanted to go out to dinner at our good ol' reliable Chinese restaurant. "It's important," they said. "We need to have a family meeting." Hmmmm... never the kind of news I want to hear when I feel at my worst. I didn't even want to put real clothes on let alone replenish my eyebrows. But something told me to attempt to look better on the outside than I felt in the inside. So, I made an attempt and off we went.

Ok, ok so I did expect something. My family never plans to go out for dinner. That's my job. It's the only thing I set up and take care of for them. Plus, they aren't very good at keeping secrets. So I have to admit I had a feeling something was up. I almost had an inkling that a surprise was in store for me. Geminis have a keen sense for this kinda stuff. So much so that I checked in with everyone once I left early from work just in case. Sadly, when no one responded right away (which is a dead giveaway for surprises) I started doubting my own skills at figuring things out before anyone could be the wiser. And when I pulled up to a quiet house, I felt a slight pang of disappointment creep in. No surprise. No package. Nothing.

I thought for sure if anything was going to happen it was going to happen at the restaurant, but at that point my energy level was at an all-time low. The possibility of being surprised was shot to shit because I just wasn't feeling it. My doubts started to win me over when I entered only to find a half-empty place with enough chairs to fit the immediate family. We sat at a large round table with a Lazy Susan and my sister even assigned where we should all sit. This is pretty unusual for our usual place so I started to wonder, "Must be big news." My thoughts started to refocus on my brother in-law and a rare speech I thought he was going to make and then my sisters started giggling. "What's so funny?" I thought. "Why aren't you guys listening to him or taking him seriously?" I asked, confused. Little did I know that with my back turned, the surprise I wanted to see was walking towards me.

Suddenly I hear, "Excuse me Miss, but is this seat taken?" My heart jumped into my throat. I instantly recognized the voice and turned around. A well-groomed man stood before me decked out in a long-sleeve tan sweater underneath a jacket, over dark denim and dress shoes. I leaped off my seat and screamed, "What are you doing here?!" And then my black eyeliner started to run down my cheeks. I shut my eyes from the stinging sensation. "Open your eyes, open your eyes," he said calmly to me, lifting up my chin to face him. Behind my hysterical tears I just couldn't believe that he was right in front of me.

But then again, we've known all along didn't we?


Lyrics:

I remember so well
The day that you came into my life
You asked for my name
You had the most beautiful smile

My life started to change
I'd wake up each day feeling alright
With you right by my side
Makes me feel things will work out just fine

How did you know









I needed someone like you in my life
That there's an empty space in my heart
You came at the right time in my life

I'll never forget
How you brought the sun to shine in my life
And took all the worries and fears that I had
I guess what I'm really trying to say
It's not everyday that someone like you comes my way
No words can express how much I love you

How did you know
I needed someone like you in my life
That there's an empty space in my heart
You came at the right time in my life
I'll never forget

How you brought the sun to shine in my life
And took all the worries and fears that I had
I guess what I'm really trying to say
It's not everyday that someone like you comes my way
No words can express how much I love you


http://www.lyrics007.com/Gary%20Valenciano%20Lyrics/How%20Did%20You%20Know%20Lyrics.html
http://www.sweetslyrics.com/Gary%20Valenciano.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.