Skip to main content

Simple As That

"Set Adrift on Memory Bliss" - P.M. Dawn

I started off with 3 songs, but ended up with none. I searched and found a few more that I want to revisit later. That's 6. Not to mention the 7 drafts I still have sitting in my folder. Bringing this total to 16, silently waiting for me. The music is once again flooding my thoughts and although it would be easy to just post, I know stories linger in there somewhere. If I simply cut and paste, I won't go back to add onto it and this is what makes it worth publishing.

I need a full five nights dedicated to you, Dear Blog. I need to put your songs up. I need to clean you up. I need to fine-tune you and I know I've been careless. Please know I will take care of you as I did once before. So forgive me for breaking away, but I'm still learning how to balance my emotional state to find the right words to express how I feel without jumping from one extreme to the next.

So let me start with this song. It always begins with something that has no real relevance to anything. I listen to it, let it sit, walk away and listen again. If I come back to it and it strikes even the slightest chord within me to write, it goes up. Simple as that.

Lyrics:

The camera pans the cocktail glass
behind a blind of plastic plants
I found the lady with the fat diamond ring
then you know I can't remember a damn thing
I think it's one of those de javu things
or a dream that's tryin' to tell me something
Or will I ever stop thinkin' about it
I don't know, I doubt it
Subterranean by design
I wonder what I would find if I met you
let my eyes caress you
until I meet the thought of Missess Princess Who?
Often wonder what makes her work
I guess I'll leave that question to the experts
assuming that there are some out there
they're probably alone, solitaire
I can remember when I caught up
with a pastime intimate friend
She said, "Bet you're probably gonna say I look lovely,
but you probably don't think nothin' of me."
She was right, though, I can't lie
She's just one of those corners in my mind
and I just put her right back with the rest
That's the way it goes, I guess

Baby you send me
Set adrift on memory bliss of you

Careless whisper from a careless man
a neutron dance for a neutron fan
marionette strings are dangerous things
I thought of all the trouble they bring
An eye for an eye, a spy for a spy
rubber bands expand in a frustrating sigh
Tell me that she's not dreaming
She's got an ace in the hole
it doesn't have meaning
Reality used to be a friend of mine
'cause complete control, I don't take too kind
Christina Applegate, you gotta put me on
Guess who's piece of the cake is Jack gone?
She broke her wishbone and wished for a sign
I told her whispers in my heart were fine
what did she think she could do?
I feel for her, I really do
The next day I had the ring finger on her hand
I wanted her to be a big PM Dawn fan
but I had to put her right back with the rest
That's the way it goes, I guess

Baby you send me...
Set adrift on memory bliss of you




http://www.sweetslyrics.com/pm%20dawn.html
http://www.lyricsvip.com/P.M.-Dawn/Set-Adrift-on-Memory-Bliss-Lyrics.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.