Skip to main content

Just That Good

"Stutterin'" - Jessica Sanchez (original by Jazmine Sullivan)

You know that feeling you get when someone is about to perform? You get kinda nervous for them. Your hands start to sweat. Your knees tremble a little. It's as if you're up there about to do what they're gonna do! Then suddenly, you realize you're not and you feel a bit relieved that you're just watching, thinking, "God I hope they don't crack under pressure or out right, suck!"

Sometimes you hide, squint your eyes trying not to watch them make a fool out of themselves, or you begin to slowly start to sink in your seat. Maybe you want to grab a pillow to cover your face just in case. You want to grab anything to protect you from the embarrassment of being judged negatively. Or maybe such an act just doesn't grab your attention at all so you get up to find a snack or take a bathroom break even when you didn't really have to go.

Well, absolutely no one feels this way when a contestant like "Mexipina" Jessica Sanchez takes the stage on American Idol. Nervous? Nah. Tremble? Where? You wish you were up there doing what she can do! You sit back, eyes wide open, glued to your seat. You're almost afraid to blink so that you don't miss anything! And you know the minute she nails the first note that the feedback would exceed all expectations. So you hold your hunger and your pee because you know she is the reason why we watch. It's almost a guarantee that she'll sing the hell out of any song, especially if she could pull off a Whitney. So, let's hope votes are based on talent and not on popularity and that people remember that this is a singing competition in search for a great voice. If the focus remains on this, then it's in the bag. It has to be and this performance is by far the reason why.

Jessica did so well that she topped even its original version and it's hard for many not to think of her as a winner already. I had to post this (regardless if my computer is suffering from yet another unknown virus that's testing my patience as I type). Not only because Jessica deserves this recognition, but because it was just that good.

Lyrics:

Ohhh
Ohhhh
Nooo

I ain't usually lost for words
This is got to be a first
And I'm tryna find the reason why I'm stu-stu-stu-stutterin'

Something funny's happenin'
I met a place I've never been
And there's got to be a reason why I'm stu-stu-stu-stutterin'

Everytime you look my way
Something in me feels so strange
And I'm startin' to think you are why I'm stu-stu-stutterin'

I said hey hey heyyy hellooo
And my my my my my my my my my name is Jazmine
And it's sooo frustrating cus I don't wanna let you down
My mind is racing
But it won't come out
Can't believe that I can't talk
But it's not my fault
Cuz there's something that you do that's got me stu-stu-stu-stutterin'

There's so much that I wanna say
But something's getting in my way
And I got to figure out
How to stop stu-stu-stutterin'

I said hey hey heyyy hellooo
And my my my my my my my my name is Jazmine
And it's so frustrating cuz I don't wanna let you down
My mind is racing
But it won't come out
Try to breathe but I'm suffocatin'
Just be me but it's complicated
I wanna tell you who I am, where I'm from, where I go, when I wanna be alone
I want you to know me better
Once I get my thoughts together
Should be so easy to tell you how I'm feelin'
But I can't stop stutterin'

Stutterin', stutterin' da da, stutterin' doo doo doo doo woah stutterin'

I ain't usually lost for words
This is got to be a first
And I'm startin' to think you are why I'm stu-stu-stu-stutterin'


http://www.urbanlyrics.com/lyrics/jazminesullivan/stuttering.html
http://highbridnation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jazmine-sullivan.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.