Skip to main content

Glitch

"She Believes In Me" - Kenny Rogers

I don't know why it's hard for me to see it from your point of view. I can't explain it, but I really don't mean any harm when I second guess the things you do or even dream to do. I never did this before (as I'm sure you remember quite well) and know that this isn't how I am. I'm just not trying to play that Superwoman card all over again. I know deep down in my heart that you are stronger and much smarter than my past. I know because I know. You've done what you've said you were going to do and trust me when I say keeping promises is by far what I'm not used to. It's just going to take me longer than a minute to let you feel it too... to let this awfully high guard of mine down.

You're an incredibly amazing man and your heart is genuinely in the right place to carry mine and I know you're ready to conquer the world. You've been ready for some time now, but the thing is I'm still trying to find where I fit in. I thought I had it figured out a few times before, but sadly I was mistaken. I'm more reserved on where to revolve my sense of self because I kinda just got to re-know who this person is. I'm trying to show you that the girl in me is in here somewhere, but she just needs some more time to make sure it's safe to come out. Please know seriously that I wouldn't be talking about any of this...any of it at all if I didn't truly believe in it...in you...in us.

White rug or not. Music on repeat or not. Take a shot or not. Bring out the petals. Add a few. Take out a few. I gotta ease into this bottle of $500 Cognac. I'm a lightweight remember? Let's just see where this all ends up. Let's paint these different pictures and compare and contrast. I wanna laugh about it vs. argue because they're not exactly the same. How can they be? You've been used to a certain image in your mind and I haven't had the chance to recreate mine because I was too busy worrying about other people's pictures. I thought about their ideas and did my best to help them bring this into their reality at the expense of my own.

I'm sorry it's affected me so badly that I keep tainting what you're trying to show me, but I'm still working with a few broken crayons here. Some have been used up to the nub, paper rolled off of 'em and everything. Others (what used to be my favorites) I gave away without even thinking and have regretted it everyday since. I have a clean slate in front of me, but I'm hesitant on what to put on it right now. I see yours and it's beautiful so it's intimidating for me to start from scratch. Except now I no longer have a brand new box of crayons to work with so I may ask to borrow some of yours.

I know I need some fixing, but I'm not looking for you to repair the flaws I owned up to regardless if they were mine to begin with or someone else's I hoped to fix them for. I actually want to learn how to color outside of the lines, pair polk-a-dots with stripes and place cubes into circles just to break tradition and see what happens. It's the dents, the leaks, the loose screws, and the tears that gives us purpose...a reason to make things better. But did you hear the glitch in this song? Not in the beginning or the end, but somewhere in the middle? Listen for it. It's there. I'm sure. It still sounds good, but it's not perfect. It gives it character as if it's saying, "Hey, I wasn't always like this, but I got a little used up from being played a bit too much is all."

Well, that's me.

Lyrics:

While she lays sleeping
I stay out late at night and play my songs
And sometimes all the nights can be so long
And it's good when I finally make it home, all alone
While she lays dreaming
I try to get undressed without the light
And quietly she says how was your night
And I come to her and say
It was all right, and I hold her tight

And she believes in me
I'll never know just what she sees in me
I told her someday if she was my girl
I could change the world
With my little songs, I was wrong
But she has faith in me
And so I go on trying faithfully
And who knows maybe on some special night
If my song is right
I can find a way

While she lays waiting
I stumble to the kitchen for a bite
And I see my old guitar in the night
Just waiting for me like a secret friend
And there's no end while she lays crying
I fumble with a melody or two
And I'm torn between the things that I should do
And she says to wake her up when I am through
God her love is true

And she believes in me
I'll never know just what she sees in me
I told her someday if she was my girl
I could change the world
With my little songs, I was wrong
But she has faith in me
And so I go on trying faithfully
And who knows maybe on some special night
If my song is right
I can find a way
While she waits
While she waits
For me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.