Skip to main content

Just Be A We

"Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You" - Kelli Pickler (sung by Skylar Laine on American Idol)







Although I obviously have my favorite on the show, I can't help but fall for a little bit of Country. It gets me every time, but last night was a rough one for reasons that pulled me away from this sadly infected computer far too soon. It didn't give me a chance to write about Skylar introducing me to a song that strikes a very familiar chord in my heart that I wish would break off completely already. I'm taking a risk with this tonight. Not only by turning this God forsaken Internet back on, but also by showing my vulnerability for all to see once again. So, beyond the pop-ups and the spam I'm going to get this post up if it kills me. It's still fresh in my head and I need to rid my mind of it while I still can.

I'm trying to understand where I'm coming from here so forgive me if I can't focus on where you stand as I write this. I'm going to stumble, put my foot in my mouth, and hurt you unintentionally. There's the set-up. You've been warned, but know I'm keeping a promise to myself to blog without censorship. No, this is not another comparison because there's no comparison between you and them. There never was. My best friend said it beautifully today, "You're not comparing him to him to him, but there is a comparison with the relationships you've shared with each of them and it's what changed who you were to who you are now." And there's a lot of me that I'd like you to meet.

Thing is I wonder if you're still in love with the girl you knew years ago. The one who was used to breaking hearts before she really had hers broken. The one who was ready to settle down and have a family because she thought she was actually ready then. A bright and clueless spirit who felt there was plenty of time still ahead, but not enough direction to know what to do with it. The one who knew how to sleep through the night and rarely had any nightmares, but often got her head stuck up in the clouds to know what was going on in the real world.

Let me tell you that there's nothing wrong with this because at times I honestly wish for the kid in you to come out. The quirky, funny, laid back and not-so-caught up with deadlines kinda guy. The one who had just the right amount of confidence and modesty and hardly ever confused it with cocky. The one who liked to dance no matter where he's at and who didn't grow weary of the music that carries fond memories with every beat. The one who rarely drank, didn't smoke and appreciated the now to get to the later. Remember it was you who took your time. You, who said why rush into things at that moment when we had forever? Well, we still have our forever.

We just found each other again and no, we're not the same exact person. We left those lost kids behind over two decades ago to feel what it would feel like to be with other people. We had our experiences, made some mistakes, and even had a few unforgettable moments that shaped us to be much stronger and more independent on our own. So, let's give it a minute. Know that we're on this new road and although it may look familiar, we don't know where it'll lead to this time around. We're only taking a few steps and getting closer to finding out. We'll fall every once in a while as we've fallen now because falling is part of growing. As long as we keep walking we'll be alright. All I'm saying is that we never had a chance to be an official "WE," so let's finally get to do just that.

Lyrics:

I remember the way you made love to me
Like I was all you'd ever need
Did you change your mind
Well I didn't change mine
Now here I am trying to make sense of it all
We were best friends now we don't even talk
You broke my heart
Ripped my world apart

Didn't you know how much I loved you
Didn't you know how much I loved you, baby
I gave you everything, every part of me
Didn't you feel it when I touched you
Didn't I rock you when I loved you, baby
Baby, tell me
Didn't you know how much I loved you

I can't get you out of my head
I still feel you in this bed
Left me all alone
You couldn't be more gone
From falling apart to fighting mad
From wanting you back to not giving a damn
I've felt it all
I've been to the wall

Didn't you know how much I loved you
Didn't you know how much I loved you, baby
I gave you everything, every part of me
Didn't you feel it when I touched you
Didn't I rock you when I loved you, baby
Baby, tell me
Didn't you know how much I loved you

One day justice will come and find you
And I'll be right there in your memory to remind you

Didn't you know how much I loved you
Didn't you know how much I loved you, baby
I gave you everything, every part of me
Didn't you feel it when I touched you
Didn't I rock you when I loved you, baby
Baby, tell me

Didn't you know how much I loved you
Didn't you know how much I loved you, baby
I gave you everything, every part of me
Didn't you feel it when I touched you
Didn't I rock you when I loved you, baby
Baby, tell me
I gave you everything, every part of me


http://www.alivelyrics.com/k/kelliepickler/didntyouknowhowmuchilovedyou120743.html
http://www.kelliepickler.com/official-gallery/official-photos
http://ydtalk.com/chatter/2012/01/meet-hollywood-bound-skylar-laine/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.