Skip to main content

Sorry's & Thank You's

"Fall for You" - Secondhand Serenade

I had a big fight with myself last night.  I yelled. I cursed.  I argued.  I repeated things several times.  I fished for praise.  I fished for recognition.  I fished for a fuckin' "Thank you."  I fished for anything, but didn't catch anything except for the annoying cold-like symptoms you get from crying.

I cried hysterically.  Whimpering under my breath, using a towel instead of tissues because my tears would bleed right through it too easily and I'm not one who would go for "easy."   The towel was still damp from my shower.  It soothed against my fire-hot eyes, now swollen from this ridiculous, reoccurring episode of, "Just Another Day." 

I wanted to hit something, but surprisingly I didn't.  I guess I didn't want to have to clean up afterwards.  I wanted to quit and walk away, but I stayed put and set in my ways.  I placed my shaky hands against the bathroom sink.  I needed to feel something to bring me back to the present.  I knelt down on the black rug and heaved.  I attempted to throw up this hideous monster from within me.  The one that provokes the worst out of me, but it didn't budge either.

It got to the point where I just didn't know what was the point anymore.  I started to reflect on the past and that deja vu feeling came crawling back uninvited, but sadly very familiar.  It was as ugly as it had been the last time I saw it.  I think I heard it chuckle at me as if saying, "I told you so."  Am I seriously going through the same cycle?  Is this some kind of  bad joke?  I don't get what I'm supposed to do here.  The only thing I probably see somewhat differently is that maybe it is my fault...  I mean, I tend to challenge everyone.  My family.  My friends.  My work.  My man.  No one can or ever will win against me.  But I'm beginning to see that I'm the one who lost.  Who knew that my own strength would break me?

I felt defeated, deflated, and drained.  I pulled myself together and came back to bed.  The sheets seemed to suffocate me so I poked you.  You turned over and held your arms open more out of instinct than out of a need to hug me, but I curled up against you anyway.  I held you close and said, "I'm sorry."  You heard me, but I'm sure you didn't believe me.  I've been apologizing a lot lately.  Something I never thought I'd do and now they may seem like just two words to you.  I guess so is a, "Thank you."  But even simple words have astounding effects.

I woke up after a long night's sleep, still tired.  I felt two kisses against my lips in the darkness.  You left and I was alone again.  I sprawled out in the middle of the bed.  My eyes stung, but I kept them open.  I didn't want to face a new day.  I didn't want to face my own mistakes.  So I faced the ceiling.  I could hear the rain slow down outside.  I thought maybe I should too.

Lyrics:

The best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting
Could it be that we have been this way before
I know you don't think that I am trying
I know you're wearing thin down to the core

But hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I wont live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find

This is not what I intended
I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed
But I have loved you from the start
Oh

But hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I wont live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
It's impossible

So breathe in so deep
Breathe me in
I'm yours to keep
And hold onto your words
Cuz talk is cheap
And remember me tonight
When you're asleep

Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I wont live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I wont live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/secondhandserenade/fallforyou.html
http://www.myspace.com/secondhandserenade.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.