Skip to main content

On

"Turn Me On" - Norah Jones

A promise made. 
A promise kept. 
The walls may be a different shade. 
The set up may be a wider space.  
The temp may feel slightly colder.
The light may seem a bit dimmer.
But it feels so good to be home. 

Hello to the writer's space that made me whole again.  Forgive me for feeling out of place.  You feel familiar, but there's been time between us so we've still got a lot of catching up to do. By the way, this chair isn't part of my comfort zone just so you know.  However, it's brought me closer to you so don't dismiss it just yet.  I don't need another reason for my hands to shy away from your keys though I don't recall them feeling so bouncy beneath my fingertips.  It's hard to say when my writer's world has felt so flat since the day I shut you off. 

Here I am.  Wrapped up in a blue and purple snuggie with a brand new heater against me.  My feet are thawing out inside my beige booties, but my toes remain curled up.  I reflect a lot especially at the end of the night.  Often times out loud and sometimes quietly in my head.  These are the moments I longed for you.  Knowing that I had a good thought that I'd soon forget, but no venue to spill them onto left me feeling as if I let it go to waste.  The emptiness was taking over as soon as I let an idea leave me. 
A few times I typed it on my phone's tiny notepad.  I scribbled a few points down on a piece of scratch paper.  I even recorded things to keep in mind for later, but the later never came.  I would come across these forgotten fragments and yet after reading it over and playing it back, I couldn't ignite the spark that almost set it off.  Now I can.  This is why I've turned you on.
 
 Lyrics:
 
Like a flower waiting to bloom
Like a lightbulb in a dark room
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on

Like the desert waiting for the rain
Like a school kid waiting for the spring
Im just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on

My poor heart it's been so dark
Since you've been gone
After all you're the one who turns me off
You're the only one who can turn me back on

My hi-fi is waiting for a new tune
My glass is waiting for some fresh ice cubes
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on
Turn me on

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/norahjones/turnmeon.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.