Skip to main content

1 + 1 = 2 More than Just You

Hello again, 11.  How ya doin' baby girl?  Let me say you're looking mighty different under a bright, new light.  You're gettin' finer and finer each year.  It took you a minute to find your stride, but I think you're handling your own quite well.  You need to do what you need to do to get things done and fortunately, you ain't alone here. 

I know you got a lot on your mind especially with the wake up call that you and many others received less than a week ago.  But you gotta great team by your side.  I saw how far your jaws dropped when they showed up.  I know it's been a long time coming since you saw that kinda response, but it's here now so shake off the shock and get on with it.  You ain't the only one joining this fight and it's nice to see you share the work load.

I know you've received plenty more surprises, not only from others but outta you too.  Trying not to do everything when you know for sure you can't is a start.  Someone else took the lead and look, things are moving forward fast and that's what we need right now.  But we'll save the serious post for next time.  For the sake of this moment, let's focus on the positive, shall we? 

Loving your career path, aren't you?  Damn, that's a first since your college paper!  Funny how you found this gig just like that gig, huh?  You simply took a shot at a potential referral that someone said you'd be good at and you know what?  Word of mouth is a powerful thing.  Pretty damn good.  So good in fact that you felt safe enough to continue stepping outside of your comfort zone. 

Asking for help.  Biting your lip when you coulda opened your mouth so your mood swings won't get in the way.  That alone musta been agony!  Trying that Insanity hurt like hell, but you showed up the next day didn't you?  Good girl.  You coulda drove, but you walked instead and now it ain't even hard to get anywhere anymore now is it?  Oh and spending a good chunk of that hard-earned money on a new ride ain't so bad either.  One that you call, "Ours" and actually feel like it's worth sharing. Good thing you took care of  the black and found your way back to gray.  Guess you couldn't step out too far yet, now could ya?  Baby steps, sweetie.  You move better when you take your time, but you can act quickly when necessary.  Going on 6 days now.  Ready. Set. Go.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken

"Paradise" - Coldplay It took a while for this song to affect me, but I guess a windy drive home through an obstacle course of devastating proportions and the sudden panic of having a "State of Emergency" warning flash within my quiet hometown can change things. A lot. I didn't sleep a single minute last night. Although this isn't anything new, it's new to me to want to sleep and not get it. It was unbelievably frightening to be alone in my room with the nite-lite busted and the wind at full speed...even worse when half the roof over my head flew to the ground with a thunderous thud bringing the rest of the sleepless city to its feet. We've seen the Santa Ana winds, but never at this magnitude. It moved cars and busted windows. It rattled fences and ripped gates apart. It knocked over trashcans and picked up patio furniture like it weighed nothing. In the morning when the dust settled just enough for the hazy sun to bring some light to the mayhem, w

Soul Mates

"Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty How funny it is that even after all these years and how far we've come with animation, this classic Disney cartoon still grabs me. Yes, I know it's silly, but it's a silly I grew up with and can't help but fall for... I know the story is so far fetched: a 16 year old girl (that looks more like a 21 year old) with gold of sunshine in her hair and lips that would shame the red, red rose sings high up in the mountain tops and suddenly attracts the man of her dreams; her soul mate! (who by golly is the prince that she has been betrothed to since she was a baby!). Unbelievable. So it's all fairytale crap, but so what? I'm not into it because of the romance! To tell you the truth, I don't even like Aurora all that much, the spoiled lil' brat. I mean, she's beautiful in EVERY way, finds out she's a princess and is going to marry into royalty on top of her royalty! I can't really sympathize... Seriousl

Welcome to People

Songs TBA Last night, I saw a special, private screening courtesy of the Screening Exchange called, "Welcome to People" directed by Alex Kurtzman. I loved it and it wasn't something that I thought I'd love. In fact, I almost changed my mind at the last minute when I saw that familiar long line down the steps at Arclight Paseo. I figured, "Hell it's just another movie." But I'm so glad I didn't turn around. I'm glad I stood in the back of the line, got my hand stamped and cell phone taken away for nearly 3-hours in order to be in a room filled with strangers. I just wish I had something with me to write down the great songs I heard that disappeared by the time I logged onto this blog. It makes me appreciate technology...so check it out when it comes out. I'll make sure I have my cell phone handy the next time I see it so I can grab some songs along the way. Oh, I'm Hannah, not Frankie and let me know what you think.